1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does anything we do matter?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Winman, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

And now you have to go and make and inacurrate statement and be divisive.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

exactly!!!!

We don't have to understand how it works- but we'd darn sure better not deny the exhaustive sovereignty of God and the invincibility of his eternal purposes due simply to our mortal ignorance.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gods instructing me to eat a high fiber with flaxseed & no sugar....oh yes I put some blueberries in it & sprinkle it with kashi seeds....No grits though Dave....perhaps Mothers oats! :wavey:

In another life, fresh eggs & Bacon & sausage with rye toast & tons of butter & coffee......ah yes I can dream!:)

4. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone will agree with Gods Sovereignty & for us DoG Believers its crucial to honoring him. But you know what the unspoken fear is right. The fear is to wonder into fatalism where God forces you into sinful acts & your powerless to not commit these acts. We Calvinists are accused of being puppets at time & it would be true if we were fatalists. Thankfully it is not. Praise God.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom says :

"I also admit that I don't know how God's sovereignty and human will work together. Nor do I understand how God incorporates evil into his plan. But the scriptures say they do, and that's good enough for me."

I agree...think thats called faith!

God Bless

7. quantumfaith

:)

I can only wish that I "et" so healthy. However, I am quite active with running, gym and tennis.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for you ....keep up the good habits & dont get old.:thumbs:

BTW: I used to run 20 mi, 1000 situps, 100 pushups & weights. I boxed & ran the ....ah just recognize the importance of genetics & how they affect you with age. I still had 3 heart attacks & contracted diabetes. Why because it is genetics.

9. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

You do realise though that there are some varying viewpoints, differences among those that do hold to DoG, right?

that there are Low Mid High parts of it correct?

And that we MUST still adhere to Bible, not to the creeds/confessionals authors other than in Bible etc as beign THE authoritative sources

just saying in a loving way that there is a broader canvas than what you paint as being "rel cal" and that at times seems at times that you are implying that those authors/creed etc seem to be where theology comes from, not the Bible only!

10. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

You do that to yourself brother. I just help point it out for others to recognize as a tendency of some reformed folks...

You are confusing your motives with mine. You are the one who tries to flatter me and say you respect my intelligence and the fact that I have a REAL theological position all the while calling other non-Calvinists no-namers and using me as some poster child for what they should be like. We all see right through your motives Luke. Why? Because in the very next post you will attack me as not understanding my own theological position and not being smart enough to understand yours. Which is it?

Edwards claimed to be in agreement with the Arminian divines in that quote. I didn't make that claim. Now, you can claim (as one did) that Edwards was just mistaken, but that's not on me. You need to take it up with Edwards.

It takes time and effort to dig back through your quotes and to listen and record all of Bruce's exact quotes, but one can just listen and notice the differences. If you'd shown ANY willingness to hear and learn or adapt you verbiage in the past when confronted by me and even "your own," I might take the time to do that, but right now its just about winning a debate for you and frankly I don't care that much to win a point in a debate where you are already been clearly proven to overstep the mainstream views.

I'm sure you did and you probably really think what you are saying means the same thing as he does, but your words aren't clearly presented or defined in such a way as to know that with any certainty in any given post.

Oh, and you still haven't answered the question. Does Edwards Quote (which is in agreement with Arminianism by HIS own admission) agree with Ware's form of Compatabilism or not?

And do either of them ever teach that God "does IT" but "IT" is never evil because He does "IT" with a pure motive. ("IT" being everything --- Every event, every thing ever done from the Incarnation of Christ to Dahmer's rape, moletation and murder of children). Where is that taught?

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prehistoric Calvinism does too:

5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, And laid thy hand upon me.
    6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain unto it. Ps 139

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....um, um, grits, and I mean the stone ground kind that you have to cook for twenty minutes; eat um' w/ butter & pepper, or sweeten um' w/honey, chill um' and cut into slices and meal um' and fry um', cheesy grits, grit casseroles.....Chefs down south do some marvelous, wondermous creations with grits....

13. quantumfaith

:) Can't go wrong with grits using any recipe. Cheese grits goe especially well with fish. MMM

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

STOP TALKING ABOUT GRITS! You're making me hungry! I loves me some grits!

15. JesusFan

Had grits one time in georgia...

Looked and tasted like burnt oatmeal...

At least to this Michigan man!

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...bloomin' Yankees have no idee what good food is....

(I do love the perch and walleye from The Lakes though... :) )

#76 kyredneck, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  17. JesusFan

Do love our food, every year Detroit tops "fattest people" per capita list!

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    heheh, so you'd never guess from lookin' that there's a terrible recession goin' on up there, huh?

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KR.....now your talking Carbs & Cals.....fried too (give me a zocor) LOL

At least if Im going to get clogged again I will take an original Rays Pizza right outa the oven.

20. JesusFan

nah, just we can get dozen White castle burgers at $5 a bag!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.