1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Calvinism teach that we are born-again TWICE!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by icthus, Apr 4, 2005.

1. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

I am a calvinist ( she said, shakily, as it was the first she ever actually said it up front that she knows of [​IMG] ) .

I DO NOT BELIEVE SALVATION HAPPENS IN STAGES. Where do you get that we believe that? Holy, shmoly . . . :eek: I quite disctinctly said above in one of my confusing posts that salvation is NOT a step by step process. If nothing else I said was clear, that at least should have been.

I guess I can just assume people don't read my posts anyway, so it doesn't matter that i make mistakes and feel like I need to clarify. :rolleyes:

2. icthus

icthus New Member

Hi, is this addresed to me? I have not responded to your post.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Duh! Nobody ever said regeneration does not mean born again! Go back and read what Pastor Larry actually said! Then read what I wrote again and notice there is a distinction between the two terms!

What you have just done is proved the thesis of my long post! You don't understand the distinction between the terms and substitute one for the other, which is the cause of your confusion.
    There you go again! You just proved you didn't read what I wrote! I made it perfectly clear all the ordo salutis takes place simultaneously! (That is a big word that means "at the same time.") We don't believe it happens in "stages" as you falsely claim.

4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Calvinist does. He is just making things up that he knows are not true. I have, unfortunately, discovered he is not a very honest man. :(
    Well, he says he reads them but his responses prove he really doesn't. :(

5. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

[/qb][/QUOTE]Hi, is this addresed to me? I have not responded to your post. [/QB][/QUOTE]

It was addressed to anyone who dares to say calvinists believe salvation happens in stages. you said it . .. you said people of my position believe that. That's why I said what I did.

6. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

simultaneously is one of my favorite words ;)

7. icthus

icthus New Member

No Calvinist does. He is just making things up that he knows are not true. I have, unfortunately, discovered he is not a very honest man. :(
    Well, he says he reads them but his responses prove he really doesn't. :(
    </font>[/QUOTE]Are you accusing me of being dishonest? This is what I call below the belt! I note that your own lenghty article is very similar to one that I tracked down on the Internet (http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/topic/ordosalutis.html) even the language this almost the same! Are you then the author of the one in the link I have given?

8. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

I thought it was rather below the belt of you to say that calvinists believe salvation happens in stages. Salvation in stages is heresy.

9. icthus

icthus New Member

10. icthus

icthus New Member

Read the link I have given

11. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Tcassidy;
    Larry disagrees with you Calvinist Not icthus Not me Larry is the one you disagree with. He's the one that said regeneration isn't Salvation
    This is a quote from your leader on page 1 :rolleyes: .
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you playing dumb or are you just being disingenuous again?

You claim Pastor Larry says "regeneration is not being born again" but what Pastor Larry really said was that "regeneration is not salvation." The article I posted (from a Systematic Theology Syllabus, so its similarity to other similar writings should be obvious even to a dolt!) shows that there is a distinction between those related terms. That is exactly what Pastor Larry said. "Regeneration is not salvation." That is a true statement. There is a distinction between the two terms. But what you did was say that Pastor Larry said something he never said. He never said that regeneration is not being "born again." But you keep saying he said it anyway even though you know he didn't say that.

You asked me if I was accusing you of being dishonest. Well, in light of what you keep saying I am sorry to have to say the answer is "Yes." You deliberately distort what Pastor Larry said and when you are corrected you ignore the correction and again deliberately distort what he said. That is, in my opinion, the very definition of dishonesty.

13. icthus

icthus New Member

Are you playing dumb or are you just being disingenuous again?

You claim Pastor Larry says "regeneration is not being born again" but what Pastor Larry really said was that "regeneration is not salvation." The article I posted (from a Systematic Theology Syllabus, so its similarity to other similar writings should be obvious even to a dolt!) shows that there is a distinction between those related terms. That is exactly what Pastor Larry said. "Regeneration is not salvation." That is a true statement. There is a distinction between the two terms. But what you did was say that Pastor Larry said something he never said. He never said that regeneration is not being "born again." But you keep saying he said it anyway even though you know he didn't say that.

You asked me if I was accusing you of being dishonest. Well, in light of what you keep saying I am sorry to have to say the answer is "Yes." You deliberately distort what Pastor Larry said and when you are corrected you ignore the correction and again deliberately distort what he said. That is, in my opinion, the very definition of dishonesty.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hey man, keep your cool! Who is this addressed to?

14. icthus

icthus New Member

TCassidy, did you read the article by Sproul? Also, you did not answer me regarding your detailed work above, and a similar one that I found on the Internet. Did you get your info from there?

15. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

tcassidy;
    First you quote what I said then on your own post you try to tell me I said something different.
    You need to get your story straight [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am very "cool."
    Well, let's see, "Originally posted by ILUVLIGHT:" should give you a hint.

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had you read the post you just copied and pasted into the thread you would have your answer.

18. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

19. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

I also love the way icthus worded the title of this thread as a question, yet punctuated it with an exclamation point. Just makes me laugh. :D

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor Larry says that "regeneration does not equal salvation." You say he says, "So you say we are regenerated first or saved first in order to have faith." [posted April 05, 2005 11:12 AM by ILUVLIGHT].

The only problem is that he didn't say that! He said "regeneration does not equal salvation." You then added the words "or saved first" which he never said, never implied, and specifically said exactly the opposite. We have both repeatedly pointed out to you there is a distinction between the words but you keep right on accusing Pastor Larry of saying something he didn't say.

You can deny it all you want but the truth is right there in black and white for everyone to read.