1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Charles Stanley teach Quietism theology?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 15, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly thought that as I read certain phrases in his book The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life which has been an excellent read. I was a little concerned as I know that MacArthur clearly warned of this error in his book Our Sufficiency in Christ. However turning to a later chapter in Stanley's book he does not teach Quietism. A Quietist is one whom says "let go and let God" as to the Quietist sanction is 100% a responsibility of the Holy Spirit and we do nothing in the process. Or perhaps I have misunderstood something or someone. Its very easy to misunderstand and take authors out of context as many bloggers and reviewers do all the time. This is why its all the important to be rooted in the scriptures and know them very well.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe you should call his church and ask him.