1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does choosing Christ please God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, May 24, 2007.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Very good JD.

I may have to save this for quick posting sometime. This choosing a nation and not a person is held by many on this board, and it becomes clear each time I read Romans that some have never study this. Or if they have, they have done so with no open heart for the truth.

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Of course it is. You skipped all over the chapter to make it say what you wanted, not to mention rewording to your own veiw so it says what you 'want' it to. Why not just take it verse by verse. It is the verse by verse process through which it is seen how the 'chapter' is about a National election to purpose.

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

It becomes abundantly clear each time I read Romans that some have never really studied the chapter verse by verse. Or if they have, they have done so with no open heart for the truth, but will continue under a presupposition and believe it is specifically dealing with salvation when it is obvious the context is about the Gods election of the Nation of Israel to His purpose.

4. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Allan, this is almost laughable........ if it wasn't so sad. Is it time for you to take a break?

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What's laughable? That IS the context of Romans 9 - 11.

6. Allan

Allan Active Member

I was merely restating what James said in the opposite. I wrote it tongue in check since I to feel it is almost laughable ........ if it wasn't so sad.

I have done it before with some of James remarks. He is used to is :)

7. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Ahhhh........ I see. I didn't see that before Allan. I didn't think this sounded like you. Thanks for pointing that out brother.

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Thanks for watching out and seeking to keep me straight. :) :thumbs: