1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Church of Rome Hold the The True Gospel?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jul 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read your post again... then tell me how you can address correct wording.

2. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    First, while it is the body and blood of he Lord, it is not flesh in the normal mode as anyone can see. It does not look like flesh or taste like blood so for you to continue to call it cannibalism is disingenuous.

To your other point, God commanded that we not eat pork, shellfish,etc. and yet....
    Acts 10:13–15 (ASV): And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill and eat. 14But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common and unclean. 15And a voice came unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, make not thou common.

So, even if the Lord commanded us to eat his flesh in the cannibalistic sense, could He not do so? Would you say “Not so, Lord”? Do you think the Lord is incapable of giving us his body under the appearance of bread? Just because it is hard to imagine does not make it untrue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    His spirit wasn't sacrificed, His flesh was - and that is what He wanted us to uphold, to remember as we worship - His sacrifice, THE sacrifice, the blood atonement for the sins of all mankind.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The evil one gave us the supposed reformation, Christianity was torn asunder by it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who lied to you?

6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I go by what I see. Are Christians one? Nope, not with the thousands of sects out there that disagree with each other on doctrines and belief's. It is clear, this was not from the Lord.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what you are basing your assumptions on? Interesting.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean the RCC was torn asunder. In its place now....well you can see what’s in its place now, and Joel Olstean profits by it. Just spreading the wealth.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what if Christ is a name for the transcendent within the heart of every “thing” in the universe? What if Christ is another name for every thing—in its fullness?

Then do we really need any organized religion to go to in order to feel fulfilled. Then everything belongs

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact is that the Catholic Church has responded to the protests of the "separated brethren" so that in their own way they have admitted to being wrong in several ways.

Pope to Christians, Protestants: Stop prejudice, forgive sins of past

#130 HankD, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is denying that. As non-Catholics our issue is with the doctrine of transubstantiation.
    However, I respect your belief and desire to serve and worship Him.

We should know of our differences, accept them as a reality within Christendom and (if possible) glorify Him as you have done in your statement above.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I appreciate your charity Hank. We should all be so charitable with those we disagree with and acknowledge our common love for Him who died for us.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.- we should explain from scripture and background our faith values to achieve understanding rather than to promote confrontation.

Some debate may be called for but this one went into the realm of ad hominems on both views.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes are not going to get a diehard Catholic to profess anything negative against “mother church”... it is ingrained in them.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think its better than the centuries of "no salvation outside the church".

16. Vincent1

Vincent1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not true. Plenty of devoted Catholics are willing to admit faults in the Church. However, on this forum, in this type of thread in particular, Catholics should not be expected to concede an inch when others are taking a mile. I consider myself a guest on this site and I understand that and am appreciative of those of you willing to be charitable while still in disagreement. However, this thread is a perfect example of why many Catholics with whom you dialogue may not be forthcoming when discussing controversies in the Church. This thread was started as a pretense to attach the Church as the OP had no desire actually have an honest debate about what the Catholic Church teaches in regards to the Gospel. His discourse in this thread and others shows that he has no interest in actually researches what the Catholic Church teaches about this or any other topic. A few short minutes of research would disabuse him or the false notions he routinely presents. I think this says volumes about his intentions. That being said, I am sure you could find many Catholics willing to have a discussion about the Church when held in a setting where they are not eternally on the defensive. I have been a reader of this site for quite some time and I have the sense that you are a fair minded person so please do not take this as being addressed to you. I only hope to give you some insight into why you may be experiencing an unwillingness to speak negatively against the Church.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 12 AM Pacific.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vincent, I don’t blame you with this lot. I persieved that they are not looking to explore Christian commonality, instead they are throwing rocks which Christ did not approve of. I for one am blessed to have had two members of my family who were both RC and transformed by the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you for those kind words. I sometimes fall short as to how He would have me act in this life, and I constantly beseech Him for help every single day. I have learned much from, and certainly respect my fellow Christians whom I have come into contact with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think so. Organized religion gives us a place to call home, it gives us teaching, direction, provides a place to worship and it's good offices are able to help the poor and destitute in many ways. Did Jesus want a "church" here on earth? I really believe He did and don't the Scriptures tell us that?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.