1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Dr. Erwin Lutzer...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Jul 27, 2011.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Amen, lol.

I have to say my wife is the best wife ever (for me). Seriously never complains about me, and I mean that.

But, I know when I mess up. We all do. That we admit when we do, well, that is maturity and being "spiritual."

- Peace

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

maybe because many of us have trouble accepting that we are indeed saints before God, sin because we choose to, while sinners sinned as we had too!

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Since this thread has sort of died down, I'd like to ask a question about Dr. Lutzer.
    I was listening to him last night and he was preaching about Luke 22:31
    And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

He said in the Greek the word "you" is plural, meaning Jesus was saying that Satan desired to sift all the disciples as wheat.
    I have never heard that before. Because Jesus addressed Simon Peter, I have always thought He was referring to Peter alone and never thought He was referring to the other 11 as well.

Has anyone else heard of this interpretation?

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I don't know about the specific interpretation. "You" is different from "you all."

With that said there's no doubt that they all were tested.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Hi Amy,

Yes, Dr. Lutzer says this and is correct in its application. Our Lord certainly got the attention of Simon here, yet all would be sifted, "you" being plural.

It is here for all interested, at around 6:30 in, or so:

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/...from-regret-to-restoration-1-of-2-201334.html

- Peace and Grace

* also, there should be in the preface of your new Allan KJV an explanation of these usages (thee, thou, you, ye)

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thanks. I had forgotten that. Didn't do my research. :tongue3: