1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Control and/or Know All things? A continuation...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jun 23, 2011.

?
  1. God does not know all things.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Man controls things, not just God, and man must allow God to intervene.

33.3%
  3. Saying God uses sin to accomplish His will makes God sinful, and you are wrong!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. God only controls some things, and man controls the others.

33.3%
  5. God is always, in all things, and in all ways, in total control of all things, thus He is Sovereign.

100.0%
  6. Saying God does not control all is to deny His Sovereignty.

66.7%
  7. Denying God Sovereignly in control of all things is denying His Sovereignty.

66.7%
  8. I can't grasp Biblical Truth that God controls everything, I should "Selah" and go consider.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. It worries me seeing God controls all things to accomplish His Sovereign purpose and will.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Seeing God as having/Giving God all Authority is wrong and Unscriptural, He is not this Sovereign.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Done, I ask that you not respond to anyone, no matter how deeply you disagree, being cordial and not down talk them. Disagreeing with a brother is fine, that is a big function of this discussion board.

My mother (and I bet your mother too) always told me, it is not "what" you say but "how" you say it.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Ok. Then answer my questions I've asked. That you avoid the treat me with grace/quit dogging my steps tells me you are not able or willing to treat me in a Christian manner at this time, correct?

Is it that hard? If so, wonder who is at fault? What does the Bible say about these things?

After this, the other answers will serve well.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

I don't like the selections offered, none of them accurately represent what I believe. Your problem is that you ask leading questions designed to make a person who disagrees with you appear in error.

It is like the ol' "Do you still beat your wife?" question, the question is designed to impugn the person who answers whether they answer yes or no, when the truth is the person never beat his wife, an option not offered to be answered.

4. preacher4truth

And how about you practice the same? Game?

5. quantumfaith

1. No I do not believe God controls all thoughts and actions of His free creatures. Do I think He has the ability to do so....YES
    2. Do I believe God is SOVEREIGN.....YES absolutely. He is the one who designed this marvelous universe and set all parameters.
    3. Can God use sin to accomplish his purpose.....Yes. Isnt that essentially what Romans 8:28 teaches particularly with respect to believers?
    4. Do I think God intentionally "creates, motivates, encourages......" sin in order to accomplish something? No I do not believe that to be accurate.

Does this clarify for you where I stand personally. I speak only for myself.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please put it out of its misery.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

I don't like the way you put your poll questions forth, none of them represent what I believe.

I ask you again, does God direct war against himself? You can answer that anyway you wish, you can elaborate if you feel that is necessary, something I could not do with your poll questions.

8. preacher4truth

So then you disagree that God is in control of all things.

I already know you don't believe Him to know all things. That you believe He doesn't control all things is then no surprise.

We all see your platform rests upon what you say about God. He is not in total control, He does not know all. That is your stance.

God looks rather anemic there within your theological profile.

There are several answers that describe you. Don't put your timidity against being out there on others. The world does this, it blames others, as you are now doing. So stop blaming me.

Your unwillingness to put public your beliefs is questionable to say the least.

9. quantumfaith

Elvis is leaving this building. Someone turn off the lights when it is over.

10. preacher4truth

Did I say somewhere he motivates, encourages sin? I have been plain, if I have beleived it to that extent, I would have said it that plainly.

11. preacher4truth

I love when you become submissive and are incapable of answering directly what is proposed.

Go ahead, tap out.

12. preacher4truth

Your link doesn't work. I see no Scripture proving your given quote to be absolute truth.

This conclusion is a man based conclusion, and has no final authority. I also believe you feel it supports you somehow, but only in that you misunderstand its meaning.

#32 preacher4truth, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  13. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I'd be interested to know what you think the meaning of that quote is.

14. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Good for you, buddy! I'm so happy we can all look to you for your vast and superior knowledge of all things theology! Hooray for preacher4truth! Somebody, please hurry, get him a Superman cape!

Now, please Mr. preacher4truth, answer my question:

Which thoughts does God control? I have gone through the previous thread and no answer there. Thanks, buddy.

15. Skandelon

Gershom,

We can do without the sarcasm please. Read Rules 3 and 4 regarding proper decorum expected on the board. Thank you.

16. preacher4truth

If you read the OP in this thread, you would've seen the arguments about and supporting it. If you care to look at those and address them in a Christian spirit, you will do well.

That you do not bring a thing to the table theologically, scripturally, in thought, nor in peace and grace, nor in any other manner exemplifying walking after Godliness, is not surprising to me.

I have yet to see you portray yourself as one walking in the Spirit.

17. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. preacher4truth

Me too! I'd have to study it's meaning and context, and the link does not get me there.

19. Skandelon

P4T,

When you say "God controls our thoughts" what exactly do you means by that? Do you mean He originates our thoughts, or that he foreknows them but permits them to exist?

20. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

A small thing really in light of p4t replies to others throughout this board. Nevertheless, noted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.