1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God hate sinners?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ktn4eg, Dec 14, 2004.

1. lets_reason_toghether

Please forgive me I capitalized the "s" in spirit.

extremely sorry

2. Brother Tim

Brother Tim New Member

True enough Brother Larry.

I guess I used the wording the way I did because it was my decision to accept Christ. When someone knocks at your door, it's up to you to open the door or ignore the summons.

I've also heard people use the wording: "I accepted Christ", and "I trusted Christ". I take the meaning of "accepting Christ" to be along the lines of "allow in" rather than "approve of".

As for His actions trawrd me, your point is well taken.

3. BillyShope

BillyShope Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 5:5 and 7:11 are examples of that which is called the "Hebraic comparative." (If you live among Jews, you'll hear similar expressions today.) But, it isn't limited to those who speak Hebrew. Repeatedly, I heard kids at the school say that they "hated" the cafeteria food. But, they ate every bit of it day after day. It was just that, when compared to their mothers' food, it was worthy of their hatred.

This should be considered when reading these verses. God never considers sin lightly and He would rather that we didn't sin. "Rather"? That comparison is so strong that, though His love is unending, He actually equates hatred with the level of love associated with us as we sin.

We should, then, be ever mindful of the effect our sin can have on our relationship with God.