1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God have two wills?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by doulous, Apr 24, 2006.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Thanks J.D. :cool:

"My aim in this chapter is to show from Scripture that the simultaneous existence of God's will for "all persons to be saved" (1 Tim. 2:4) and his will to elect unconditionally those who will actually be saved is not a sign of divine schizophrenia or exegetical confusion." Piper. http://www.desiringgod.org/library/topics/doctrines_grace/2wills.html

I spent six hours yesterday trying to make a reply Calvi. I can't believe what he says.
    The very fact that God created people who He knew would go to Hell denies love and compassion. 'exegetical confusion' is dead right. He has fallen for the Sweet Jesus meek and mild delusion. God desires those He created for Hell saved? This is illogical captain.
    The reason I spent so much time yesterday trying to figure out what was going on is down to the fact that when I read my response it looked like I was responding to Me4Him HaHa! :cool: not the renowned Piper.

"A corresponding aim is to show that unconditional election therefore does not contradict biblical expressions of God's compassion for all people, and does not nullify sincere offers of salvation to everyone who is lost among all the peoples of the world." Piper. http://www.desiringgod.org/library/topics/doctrines_grace/2wills.html

We must grasp the nettle. Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." Romans 9:13. Something isn't right when I find myself reminding Calvinists of Romans.
    Can compassion live alongside the fact that those Piper suggests receives God's compassion were created for Hell? Is it a kindness to be created and go to Hell rather than never having been born?

Straighten me out Calvi man I am confused, I'm finding I'm in agreement with Brother Bob. :cool:

He is patient with the reprobate because the sheep to come haven't come yet. He bides His time because of His great love for the elect. It is the elect that are yet to be born that should not perish. Those chosen for Hell He hates. He must. If He loves those He created for Hell then love fails and so does scripture.

What do you think Calvi?

His decree is His will. What is postulated is, 'God desires all to come to Him, but only desires some to come to Him.' This is not a fault in God but in what He is teaching you. Step back from Piper and view him as dangerous, as all men should be viewed. Much of the Christianty I know as been lead away to some sort of God that loves everyone. It is a great delusion and a sure fire winner. While we have to defend God's hate they preach Sweet Jesus full of compassion and love for all, sweet to the taste. My Sweet Jesus is to tread the winepress of God's fury and that will not be done with compassion or love. We must not cross the line where the wrath of God becomes a thing of a darkened sinister past. Love never fails.

john.

[ May 03, 2006, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: johnp. ]