1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Honor marriages between Either the Unsaved, or Saved/Unsaved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

only gave you what the Bible teaches...

was the Bible "made up?"

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Does God "honor" anything an unsaved person does?

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Your bible is made up by you. THEE bible does nto teach what you says.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Absolutely nothing and that is the point ins't it.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh so my wife & I were not really married & our kids arent really important in God's eyes?!?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You need to take that up wiht God. I did not set the standards, He did.

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

So, are you actually saying that a marriage isn't a real marriage if the people were unsaved at the time of the marriage?

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not saying anything. You have the scripture believe what is written. It is clear that there is a difference between two lost people who marry and where there is at least one who is saved in a marriage. They, the two lost people, are not sanctified and their children are unclean.

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see no difference in your message than I did with the Hyper Calvinists. So your just the delivery boy to a cruel message. Fortunately I see a God thats bigger than the one seen by the narrow minded & I glorify in one who has saved me despite your view......could it be that in your own rush to salvation, you've missed something?

See, Ive done everything wrong but have been forgiven & made new. Perhaps its mercy? No I resolve that it is Mercy......infinite in scope! How can one who claims salvation not see that in the true character of God? Shakes head.

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Being lost or not has no bearing on the state of marraige, which is -- whether or not the persons getting married wish to admit it or believe it -- a covenant relationship with God to become one flesh for life.

The marriage will be "difficult" if one is unequally yoked -- a believer to an unbeliever -- and that difficulty may run to the point where the believer is hindered from his or her walk with God. It does not, however, stop the one flesh relationship via God's covenant.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Precisely. Marriage is holy. Unbelievers cannot make it unholy any more than they can make God unholy by using His name in vain.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The scripture disagrees with you.
    For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Does the children being holy mean they are saved?

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I assume you do not understand how to get saved if you need to ask that.
    First the bible says all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God. That means everyone is lost.
    Second since we have already sinned there is nothing we can do to fix the wrong. Good does not fix evil it only takes care of itself. That means we are not able to get right with God on our own. So God in His mercy has made a way for our sin to be paid for in full. What He did was send His Son the Lord Jesus Christ and put our sin on Him. Now anyone who is willing to turn to God and place their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they will be saved. The first command we have after salvation is to be Baptized. This is the only way anyone can be saved.
    After our salvation we are called to live our lives in a manner that is honoring to the Lord who bought us.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How bout if both are unbelievers?

also define unbeliever.

What if your chosen to be one of the elect since before the firmament of time but were not regenerated when you were 1st married?

What if you thought you were a believer then later it was proven to you that you were not? Are you married then?

If both people in the marriage were married in a Church...does that count?

What about catholics....Does God consider them married?

Are non christians like Hindu's & Buddists not considered married?

Are jews considered married? Was Mary & Joseph considered married & if not what are the implications?

What if one was RC & one was a Dutch Reformed .....both infant baptised but not dunked?

#55 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes, I know how to be saved. But you seem to think there is something different about children of the unsaved compared to children of the saved. What do you think it means for the children to be holy? How do you interpret that? You keep repeating the verse, but have yet to explain it.

I believe it means they are set apart (holy) because they will receive the benefits and blessings of God because they have a saved parent who will teach them the things of God.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

An unbeliever is a person who has not been born again. As to being elect, it depends on if the person accepts the call to be elect. Every marriage is a marriage. It is that just not all married people are sanctified in the marriage. Two lost people who are married have children who are unclean.
    Here is what scripture says. There is no exceptions or ways around it.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No you are incorrect. I don't think anything. I know that when two lost people marry and have children they have children that are unclean, but if just one in the marriage is saved then the children are not unclean.

Scripture does not spell out what exactly it means for them to be unclean or holy, but it is clear that they are not the same as those born to two lost people.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No scripture doesn't spell it out. That's why you should not be so dogmatic about it and proclaim that all children born to the unsaved are UNCLEAN. And the words clean and unclean are not even NT language, they are OT words. So it is not as cut and dried as you're trying to make it. You can't even tell us what a modern day application of "unclean" is. :rolleyes:

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Like I said I know because scripture states it. You can reject scripture if you want but I choose to believe it. All children where there are two unbelievers are unclean based on 1Cor 7.