1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Judge Anyone?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jan 12, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I mean in these present times: are any of his actions for
    people? Or are they all for the spreading of his truth and for people to return to him? And how do we know how to help at any given action?

2. standingfirminChrist

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    1 Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

God does judge.

God judges by the cross of Calvary. Who places their trust in His Son and the finished work of the cross?

3. UnchartedSpirit

I meant does he judge like in OT times still, on those under and freed from the law?

4. standingfirminChrist

UnchartedSpirit,

I believe those who are wanting to judge by the law, God judges them by the law. 'By what measure ye judge, ye shall be judged'.

5. UnchartedSpirit

So there isn't an actual deathnote senario going on?

6. standingfirminChrist

deathnote scenario?

7. UnchartedSpirit

Sorry is a series about a young man recieving a notebook from a shinigami which has the power to kill anybody as long as the name and face is remembered in the exact time and senario as it is written in the book. The young man decides to rid the world of crime using this book and setting himself as 'god' of his new world. Anyway, with my theory, God is never administering justice this way in the world, only his love?

8. standingfirminChrist

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
    Colossians 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

God is a God of love, but He is also a just God. He does judge today still. And in the time He deems necessary to bring judgment, He does so.

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
    1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.