1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God learn?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, May 5, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Nah -- you're only looking at half of the equation for "open theism" (and in a very self-serving and Calvinist-serving manner so that you have [some (edit)] to call it "heresy" and have someone who disagrees with you booted off BB.).

The theism is really the "openess view of creation" because God has allowed man/creation to choose freely from among many options and then guage how He controls our lives based on our choices. Apparenty those who object believe that we have no choices and live under a "fatalist," no choice, system.

First, the real issue has nothing to do with God's omniscience and control but whether or not God chooses to allow some things to be decided by man. Does He? Ex: Does He allow you to wear the blue socks instead of the black? God still decides/controls whether you will get noticed and whether, if you are noticed, whether you will get fired or rewarded by your boss at work! :laugh:

For the record, I am probably more a Molinist, BTW.

skypair

#21 skypair, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  2. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Because this position has been addressed over and over and.................

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope...God's knowledge is perfect and complete

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

preachinjesus, the most well done statement on this topic so far.

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I couldn't find it unless you're talking about the full length DVD for sale. Is there a web site with the key points? I should say that I believe that God created the universe. That's not an issue.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mar 13:32 But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.