1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God love all people?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Mar 10, 2007.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

12s

Not those Christ died for Rom 5:

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Whenever I say God hates sinners, you show me where God loves sinners.
    Whenever I say God loves sinners, you show me where God loves certain sinners, and then state, but do not prove, that they are ONLY ones he loves.

If God says he hates the wicked, then certainly that included me, since I was once wicked and an enemy of God. You are saying the Passages in Psalms refer ONLY to the elect? Is you only basis for this that scriptures elsewhere say God loves certain wicked elect?

None of your arguments address my position that God both loves AND hates the wicked.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

12st

You kind of slow, thats what this is all about. God does not Love all sinners ! He hates some. Both Jacob and Esau were sinners but God said Rom 9:13

13As it is written, Jacob [A sinner] have I loved, but Esau[A sinner] have I hated.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: That is not speaking of the individuals of Jacob and Esau, but rather God is speaking of two notions called by those names.

Read the whole chapter and the context is clear. Proof texting is no way to establish the truth of this passage as savedbymercy is doing, i.e., just picking out a text that he/she believes proves his/her point without regard to context.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

Yes they were individuals brothers !

6. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. This verse does not address the fact that God states in Psalms that He hates "ALL workers of iniquity." (You yourself quoted this verse earlier).

2. Neither does this single verse address why you think 2 Pet. 3:9 only refers to the elect. You said it is because of the word "usward" which is actually the greek "Hymas" (YOU). It does not refer to the elect. it simply means "YOU".

3. It doesn't help your point when you try to put someone down and end up writing, "You kind of slow".

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God does not view all men as workers of iniquity. The elect, God does not impute iniquity to their Charge Rom 4:

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Any reasonable person should be able to see that Two groups of People are in view One who God Hates Ps 5:5

One whom God Loves Rom 5:8

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners[workers of iniquity], Christ died for us.

Now how is that this group ? Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

If God Loved all men without exception, whats the Point of Jesus telling His disciples this ? Jn 14:21

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If God already Loved everyone in the world without exception, then this statement by Christ was a waste of time, and not really meaningful, since all who are in the world breaking God's commandments are Loved too.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: An interesting passage. I am reminded, by reading other posts by savedbymercy, of the old cowboy preacher I once knew. He said, "Those Calvinists sure preach good.............but they have a secret agreement amongst themselves that it doesn't mean them. "

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You wanna make jokes about the word of God do ya ?

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

That was not a joke period. It is a remark by a man of God that should give us all pause to consider if in fact we are living consistent with our preaching, or if there is even a need to live consistent.

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

"hated" which could also be interpreted as an idiom to imply the "favor" of Jacob and the loving "less" of Esau. FWIW

13. quantumfaith

Are you thus contending that God simply "winks" at the sin of all those who are in this group known as the "elect"? While those who are not in this group are tried, found guilty and sentenced?

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

quan

I never stated that, Christ paid dearly for the sins of God's Elect, every last one of them ! Because of Christ they are viewed as perfect and Holy before Him, their sins and inquities are remembered no more Heb 8:12

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

God never, ever viewed them as workers of Iniquity, for Christ's sake.

#74 savedbymercy, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  15. quantumfaith

Yes, I apologize for being less than clear. I was not attempting to be a "heckler".

16. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. Then why did he die for them?

2. You earlier said we were sinners, ungodly, and enemies of God when Christ died for us. (While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us)...are you saying God inspired these words while not considering us as sinners?

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

Excellent points 12Strings.:thumbsup:

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He viewed them as sinners, because they sinned in Adam, however, their sins were not laid to their charge legally, they were laid to the charge of Christ.

Rom 4:7-8

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Their iniquities will be remembered no more because they were imputed to Christ. Heb 8:12

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

That cannot be said for the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 their iniquity will be exposed at the Judgment Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You see that ? These people iniquities were remembered !

The elect in and of themselves were sinners, were ungodly, were enemies when Christ died for them and Loved them.

However, the workers of iniquity in Ps 5:5 God did not Love.

The we in Romans is a entirely different group of People than that of Ps 5:5. This is the point of the thread, God does not Love all men !

The we in Romans is talking of God's Elect that Christ died for Rom 8:

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

If God Loved all men without exception, Christ words in Jn 14:21,23 are meaningless which are:

Jn 14:21,23

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Again, if God loved all men without exception, that means that even though men do not Love and obey Christ can be assured of the Fathers Love, as indicated in Jn 3:16

20. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Something's fishy here...:tonofbricks: