1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does it ever make you weary...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, May 15, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

When you work hard to share the Gospel wherever you go, even knowing that is some places it will be hated and you will be mocked?

When you are who you are, a Christian, and suddenly folks decide that your scum for it?

When the ostraization and disdain for you persists and persists because you warn people that there really is a hell, and real people go there. And you warn them because you love them, but they just criticize you all the while bearing the name of a Christian?

Does this ever make you weary? Today it made me weary. Today it made me sigh. And I need to tell my brethren.

God bless.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Wasn't it Paul who said forf believers to rejoice that they were privileged to suffer for His name's sake?

Easy to say, hard to do, but ever true.

We who are believers are still amazed that not only do some not obey God's command to repent, because it make so much sense to us, but are hostile to it. Why would anybody reject the Good News?

Yet, at the same time, we understand that, in for one who is lost, that is a natural and logical response, absent the work of the Holy Spirit.

Courage, my brother.

3. nunatak

nunatak New Member

I am glad you are preaching Christ.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

What's sad is that it generally comes from within the church rather than out.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Take heart, my brother, for the Bible tells us that "ye shall reap if ye faint not".

Even Jesus got weary. If Him; how much more so us?

Joy comes in the morning...the darkest hours are just before the dawn...

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I know what you mean. May Almighty God Himself grant you the encouragement you need at this time.

Every blessing to you, dear brother!

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God bless you RB. :praying:

Yes, I too get tired of the same ole unbeliever stuff. "If you can PROVE to me that God exists....bla bla bla."
    "Religion is for weak people who need a crutch....bla bla bla"

Here's my favorite...."The Bible is the best fairy tale ever written". I've been told that one by one of my husband's sisters on more than one occasion.

It gets really frustrating. But I try to remember that God is in control and it is only He who can change a heart. My job is just to be obedient.

God will bless you richly for doing what He has called you to do.

Hang in there!

Praying for peace in your spirit and a renewed desire to bring the gospel to the lost.

:1_grouphug:

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some Bible Passages That May Apply Here

Matthew 5:10-12 : Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."Blessed are you when people insult you,persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil because of me.Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

John 15:18-20 : "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to me to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: 'Servants are not greater than their master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."

John 17:14 : I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

1 Corinthians 4:13b : We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world -- right up to this moment.

2 Timothy 3:12 : In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted

2 Peter 1:16 : For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

1 John 3:13 : Do not be surprised, my brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.

( All quotes are from the TNIV )

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

When someone trashes Christianity, Jesus, the Bible, etc., a friend responds this way:

If I'm wrong, I haven't lost anything. I'll just die and it'll be over.
    But if you're wrong, you will lose everything. There are eternal consequences if you're wrong.

10. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ReformedBaptist,

Remember, my friend, when you share the Gospel you are not doing it for man's sake, you are doing it out of obedience to Christ.

Let me offer some encouraging texts:

Galatians 6:9
    9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (ESV)

Matthew 6:19-20
    19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (ESV)

Being obedient, even in your weariness, will produce treasure for you in Heaven.

Many Blessings,

The Archangel

11. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. But remember, God loves you and has a wonderful plan for His glory! :applause: :thumbs: :praying:

#11 J.D., May 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
  12. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the encouragment. On Saturday I went fishing and brought my Celtic hymn music on my ipod. As I listened to the song you will hear in the video, images and pictures began to flash in my mind. So I thouhgt to try to find something like them on the net and put music and Scripture to it. The one of the guy with addict written next to him hits me hard...because that's what I was. Soli Deo Gloria!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l47ri0r1N4

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Loved the video!

I'm not what I'm gonna be, but thank God I'm not what I was...

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I focus on the hopelessness in the world it does get me down. When I focus on Christ and the difference he makes, I am driven. I am encouraged because I have the answer they need. I rejoice because of God's grace on me through the person who led me to Christ.

There was a time when I got nasty letters from my family and was told I was wasting my life. Others said my religion was just a fad. That "fad" started 36 years ago. One time my wife cried when I received one of those letters. I told her that it meant they were looking at me. A few years ago my wife began to see her mom puilll away and that hurt. A few months later she became a Christian. Today things are very very different. Almost all of my family are Christians and serving Christ. Christmas is totally different.