1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does it honor God to break the Sabbath memorial of creation?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Quoting the command to keep the Sabbath is not showing HOW you keep the Sabbath, so you are still avoiding the question.
    You have misconstrued Steaver's words, and rather purposely. That is called lying, something you have done quite a bit of lately. You started this thread on SDA doctrine. Be man enough to answer your own heretical doctrine. If your not going to put up then shut up. There are SDA forums to spread this heresy on.
    When challenged on this heretical doctrine I would not expect dodge ball, but sincerity and truth. If you are not willing to do that why post at all.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you mind quoting the passages in the NT, under the new covenant, where God placed the Church back under the Sabbath of thejewish peoples, of isreal?

I can't find it in my version, maybe SDA Ellen White edition has it in there?

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan,

Seriously, you are all hung up on a "day". This "day" worshipping is just another distraction instigated by the great deceiver, and I say great because just look at how many Christians have got themselves into this day worshipping rather than worshipping the true Sabbath - Jesus Christ!!

I am going to provide a link for all here who want to learn God's Sabbath from Genesis to Revelation. This man put a considerable amount of time and study into this subject and I personally believe he has nailed it on behalf of Jesus Christ and God's Word. You can dig your heals in and remain unmoved if you like, but I believe if you will prayerfully and without bias carefully consider the exegesis he presents, you will be freed from this bondage others have blindly led you into.

And God willing, by His grace and mercy, maybe you can help others see the truth, having been a part of the SDA system of religion for so long. We have many testimonies of how Christians came out of these wayward religions such as SDA, RCC, JW and Mormonism. I pray God you will be another fine example one day before you pass.

And to repeat my position Bob, Jesus Christ is my Sabbath, not a "day" of the week, and the Scriptures confirm me 100% and will you too if you are willing to open your mind and heart to the truth...here is a small excerpt of the article.....

[SIZE=+2]The Sabbath "IN CHRIST"[/SIZE](First, we will just briefly explain this third teaching on God's "True" Sabbath and enlarge on it later.)
    [SIZE=+2]T[/SIZE]his third group does not accept either Saturday or Sunday as being God's True Sabbath or the Sabbath of the Lord for the Christian Church. They teach that the Old Testament Saturday Sabbath was but a "type" or "shadow" of the "Sabbath-Rest" which we find in Our Lord Jesus Christ. They teach that this is the Sabbath we must remember and keep holy by ceasing from our dead works of self-righteousness and sin daily.

[SIZE=+2]T[/SIZE]hose that observe this Sabbath "in" Christ believe that in the experience of the New Birth (rending the heart in repentance), the Believer ceases from HIS OWN WORKS and enters into and partakes of God's Eternal Sabbath every day. We who have believed do "enter into" (and do "remain in" God's Sabbath) "rest". This group teaches that this is the "ultimate" in Sabbath keeping.

[SIZE=+2]T[/SIZE]ruly, there is a generation, strict in it's observance of Saturday and Sunday Sabbaths, but know nothing of 'this' Sabbath Keeping.

[SIZE=+2]T[/SIZE]he Bible says, "This is the "rest" (Sabbath) wherewith ye may cause the weary to "rest" (the keeping of HIS Sabbath); and this is the refreshing: YET THEY WOULD NOT HEAR." (Isa. 28:12). But, rather than 'rend their hearts' and enter into God's True Sabbath, Israel preferred to 'rend their garments' and observe a day. The Gentiles on the other hand prefer to observe a Sunday-Sabbath with a 'form of godliness, and denying the power thereof'.

[SIZE=+2]T[/SIZE]his third group (not by a command but by love) does set aside Sunday as a day of Worship in honor of the Resurrection. The Old Saturday Sabbath speaks of "resting" after the Old Creation which is presently under God's judgment; But this New Sabbath (Not Sunday, but the Resurrection) in Christ speaks of "resting" in God's New Creation - A New Sabbath for a New Creation. It is written, "If any man be in Christ, he is a New Creature (new creation); old things are passed away; behold, ALL things are become NEW." (2nd. Cor. 5:17).

The entire article is a very long study, but very enlightening and worth the time to learn.

http://www.williambranhamhomepage.org/truesabb.htm

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul states to us that ANY day we honor and revere the Lord can be our "day: of worship, and Hebrews agrees that Jesus is NOW the sabbath rest for the Christian!

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is about as close as I have seen you come to "quoting" the Commandment that You claim to honor - and yet it is nothing more than "you quoting you" and telling us that it says nothing about a specific DAY.

But even the Baptist Confession of Faith "admits" that from creation to the Cross it is the "SAME DAY OF THE WEEK" that is known to all and binding on all mankind as the Sabbath.

And it is BECAUSE the actual Bible Sabbath commandment DOES point to THE DAY that God can remind them "Tomorrow IS the Sabbath" in Exodus.

So while it is wonderful that you want to make the claim to honor the Bible Sabbath - the fact that you can only bring yourself to "quote you" and not the actual commandment -- is "instructive".

Even more instructive is the fact that your own D.L. Moody freely quotes the Sabbath commandment in his sermon without hesitation. You cannot even bring yourself to HIS level of affirmation of it.

in Christ,

Bob

#65 BobRyan, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
  6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    jj

Until you actually read the Bible and notice that there is no place in all of scripture where Paul says "pick any day of your own choosing as the Sabbath Commandment of God".

Nor does he ever say "we no longer keep God's Sabbath because Christ is now our Sabbath after the cross".

Just the facts.

in Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]
    Not at all true. I gave both Exodus 20:8-11 and Is 66:23 (come before Me to Worship" and Isaiah 58:13-14 and others. Would you prefer I include a verbatim quote of the texts I keep referencing?

It just does not get any easier than this.

The more you pretend you cannot/will not read these texts - and that I have not given them -- the more I will personally enjoy quoting them.

Why do you think that is working for you?

Until you actually read the texts that I gave above where they speak to specific actions in keeping the Sabbath.

Your acrimony and factless vitriol are not the compelling solution to your problem that you may have at first imagined.

The Seventh-day Baptists are the ones that presented the Bible argument in favor of keeping God's Word on the subject of the 4th commandment to the Adventists - and you know it -- vitriol or not.

Your own "Baptist Confession of Faith" affirms the entire TEN Commandments as applicable to ALL mankind -- and you know it.

Your own D.L. Moody freely quotes the commandment in his sermon on the TEN Commandments - the very commandment that Steaver claims to honor - yet won't bring himself to quote -- and you know it.

Directing venom towards me on this subject does not change the objective observable facts. I think we both know that.

If you want me to read the texts above for you and highlight the action verbs where they show what keeping the Sabbath is - I am glad to do it.

But I thought that this "read it to me and tell me what it means" idea was a game that only Steaver was interested in.

in Christ,

Bob

#67 BobRyan, Nov 22, 2013
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your arguments are frivolous; ridiculous.
    First, Steaver is not a Baptist and has no appeal to the Baptist Confession of Faith.
    Second, neither he nor I would refer to Moody as "your" or "my" Moody. We are not related. I don't agree with all his doctrine. Steaver is not a Baptist. And Moody believed a lot differently than I. So what?
    Are you totally unable to appeal to the Scripture that you have to keep dragging these people and confessions in, that I have warned you not to. It is a disgrace to Moody to attach him to the Sabbath when he said specifically that he distances himself for all teachings of the SDA. He does not believe in the Sabbath, so stop deceiving people in trying to showcase that he does.

If you are going to answer posts on this thread, try to answer what you haven't done repeatedly, and I quote:

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I started a thread, Bob, so you could tell us the HOW of keeping the Sabbath. I don't believe that you keep the Sabbath. Answer it here:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2053237&postcount=1

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm tired of this sort of debate. All everyone on here knows is how to fight about the Sabbath and insult and injure one another over it.

It's not for me, no, no more!

Because Christ TRIUMPHED over the first principles of the world - "Therefore, do not you let anyone of the world judge or condemn or intimidate or victimize you in regard to your eating and drinking of feast of Sabbaths of Christ being the Substance ... and Nourishment ministered ... not holding to the Head ... beguiling you of your reward ...": which is but Sunday worshippers' jealousy and evil tactics against Sabbath believing little children of God.

Pure hatred is it in the name of love.

'Christians' they call themselves.

'Christians'?!

What an honour and consolation is it to share in Christs's suffering. Thank the Lord.

#70 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 22, 2013