1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does it make a difference how you design your day?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jan 12, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

For example is it a duty to directly start your day with a deep,deep prayer and a bible study? Is this necessary?
    I have once heard a pastor say that you have to seek God in the morning to get strength for the day. When you seek him in the evening then the day is already over and you cannot change it anymore. But when you seek him in the morning then he can give you the power to make a difference during the day. But what do you do if you simply are not one of these persons which are able to read the bible in the morning? I am rather an evening person. I do all things in the evening because then I feel much more free and have the peace to do it.

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Isa:50:4: The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think the timing of your Bible study is a personal thing. The important thing is that you do it. You can always split your study into 2 sessions, morning and evening. You could read a psalm in the morning and then do your deep study at night. I find (personally) that it does help my day if I read some in the morning. But, everyone is different and there aren't any rules. :)

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Also, XDX, you could use a devotional in the morning, which I do sometimes. I'm not saying that you have to do any study in the morning, but a devotional is short and sweet, and it gets your mind on the things of God. Then you can do your deep study at night. Just a thought.:)

6. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

In some cultures, the day starts at sunset. So, your evening prayers and Bible study are perfect for starting the new day out just right!:thumbs:

I admire all of you who have the discipline of daily Bible study. I've been there, been out, back in, out again, .... I hereby resolve to get back in today. Morning, noon, or night -- just do it!

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what if you cannot focus in the morning?
    I mean I simply ask myself if praying in the morning activates God's blessings in your life or wether it doesn't make a difference.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I thought I answered that. It doesn't matter when you do your study or pray, just that you do it. Don't let others put rules on you about such things. You can talk to God all day without having a formal prayer time.

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Are the chances of finding God higher in the morning because it's a "new" day where you can't sinned as much as later on in the evening?

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. God is always there, no matter what time of day it is. You can sin any time of the day. God is not counting your sins. Jesus took them away. It does not matter what time of day you do your study, but if it's bothering you, then do it in the morning.

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Amy wind the Internets again.

12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is also my opinion.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Excellent! :thumbsup:

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes. :wavey:

15. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

"Be filled with the SPirit, and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh."

Hey there disciple,
    Being filled with the Spirit has been taken to mean many different things, but the defintion that I believe is best is simply handing over the reigns of your day to Almighty God. When you do that, you are acknowledging to God that you want His Holy Spirit to run your day through its promptings. Already there have been good posts, but I want to tell you something : If you do not wake up in the morning and determine in your heart to serve the Lord today, to seek Him and to obey Him, you will not be walking in the Spirit, and consequently you will walk in the flesh.

I find the best thing to do in the morning is to not delve into deep Bible study, but to wake up and spend time praying to God, pleading with Him to use you, and to keep you from temptation. Like someone said, devotional writings are good for the morning, they are not too deep but they get you thinking about spiritual things.

One thing that is essential to how my mornings go, is how my nights go. If I go to bed reading a good Christian book, I will sleep with the Scriptures on my mind. I have actually had times when I would lay in bed and be in such a state of peace because my relationship with the Lord had been thriving, and those nights almost always led to good mornings.

so, all in all, for me in-depth study does not work very good in the morning, but prayer is essential. The Psalmist does not talk about studying the Word in the morning, but I do recall him saying that "in the morning, my prayer will be directed unto thee, and I will look up."

God Bless,
    Andy

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I agree with christianyouth

17. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I am not even able to pray a good prayer in the morning. I am not creative in the morning. I cannot express myself very well when I'm tired. Shall I simply pray: "God help me"?

And as for walking in the spirit and handing the day over to God...
    What's really there to be handed over to God? My days are simply boring!
    What should God do on such a day? I get up, eat something, go to the university, go home, eat something and so on. It's all totally rigid.
    But I have also told God that I want Him in my life and so on, why do I have to repeat this every day? I mean if I say it once then it's valid.

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Simple prayers are sufficient.

Me, I stink at doing stuff in the morning. I guess saying a prayer of any kind, even if it's a sentence, at the very least focuses our thoughts on God, and at the most, it's a heartfelt petition that God will answer.

Dude, remember that there is no rule book for that, OK? You can't do it wrong.

19. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But maybe this is what separates the really determined christians from those which are not determined? :(
    Maybe God wants me to force myself to get up early in the morning. :confused:

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, I can't speak for God, so I can't say.

If getting up a half hour earlier makes someone a "determined Christian," then I guiess all the stuff about loving your neighbor and feeding the hungry and such is just filler?

Christianity is more than devotion time -- it is devotion of life.