1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does Jesus still speaks to people today as He did to Paul?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 4, 2012.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I don't understand your post?

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Jesus said scripture cannot be broken, he said not one iota of the law will pass away...He personally commissioned Paul to take his message to the gentiles, and Paul's message agrees with Jesus: All The scriptures are from God.

TO ANY WHO CLAIM TO FOLLOW JESUS:
    1. Jesus rose, proving his deity, proving that the gospel accounts of Jesus provide an accurate picture of his life and ministry...if this were not so, the many people who were still alive when the gospels were written would have come foward and discredited the entire story.
    2. So...we can trust what the gospels tell us about Jesus.
    3. Jesus spoke in ways that show he held that the OT Jewish scripture were the very word of God. So if Jesus is God, and he is telling the truth, then the OT scriptures can be trusted.
    4. Paul was commissioned by Jesus to tell his message...if Paul were messing things up, Jesus could have stopped him. Not only that, Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would bring to remembrance the things he had taught them.
    5. Peter, an apostle of Jesus refers to Paul's writings as "scriptures".
    6. Peter, an apostle of Jesus says that though he walked and talked and saw Jesus, he had some thing "more sure: the prophetic word." Peter said the scriptures were even more sure than his own personal experiences!

If we cannot trust the scriptures, then we cannot trust Jesus' own words. If we reject the scriptures, we reject Jesus' own words concerning the scriptures.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but NOT as the risen Christ, as both Apsotles paul and John saw Him!

he speak today mainly thru the Bible, under illumination by/of holy Spirit...

Speaks thru inner witness/propmting/convicting/leading of Holy Spirit

ALWAYS will agree with the Bible IF it is from him!

4. mandym

mandym New Member

I showed you. Satan quoted scripture too. But he, as you do, misused it and twisted its purpose for his own godless agenda. Pitting on part of scripture against another is straight out of hell.

See the problem with your claim is that since you do not evne know that the Bible is the Word of God then you cannot even know if Jesus ever said anything written in the Bible. You have no way of knowing at all.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have encountered these heretics on other sites. They deny the Word of God and go about to make up their own Jesus. I would say that he will shortly be banned, but we have SBM here who declares that the entire membership here is unbelievers unless they believe in TULIP as he does and he is still here with over 2000 post perverting God's Word. If this continues, I will be outa here and warn others to stay away as well.

6. longhino

longhino New Member

That is your own conclusion. As for us, if there is any to be trusted, it is none other but only the Lord Jesus Christ himself in the reality of His own way of living. The scripture/bible is a testimony to the Lord Jesus Christ and we have to treat the bible as such. The Lord said as recorded in the bible;

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Do we have eternal life in the scriptures? It is clear that we do not have eternal life in the scriptures if we will make verse 39 above as our basis. Why? Eternal life is in the Lord God Jesus Christ, not in the bible, hence the need to come to Him have so that we may have life or eternal life.

So, if we want the pure and genuine Words of God, we can find and get same from the Lord Jesus Christ in the reality of His own way of living. All that we have in the bible are testimonies to the Lord God Jesus Christ that He is real and alive.

7. longhino

longhino New Member

Alright, did Satan direct people to come to the Lord God Jesus Christ and did he (Satan) instruct people to put all their truth in the Lord God Jesus Christ? All I'm saying in general is for all of us to come and call on to the Lord God Jesus Christ and to put all our trust and confidence in Him (Jesus), where is the twist here? Can you pinpoint the twist?

I'm asking you, where did Jesus teach to the apostles or the prophets that "The Bible is the Word of God," can you paste the verse?

8. longhino

longhino New Member

How do you know Jesus speaks thru the bible, what does that literally mean? You seem to be stating theories, unless you have personal experience of what you are talking about, have you?

9. mandym

mandym New Member

You claim the Savior but deny his word. You deny that which points to Christ.

Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
    2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

10. longhino

longhino New Member

What would you think of when someone tells you to turn/come and call on to God and put all your trust in Him (God), and literally wait for Him (God) to respond to you and learn to acknowledge, without reservation, Him by whatever means He (God) will use in coming and responding to you? There will be no church membership nor collection of tithes and love offerings. All you have to do is go direct to God and wait for His response to you.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The scriptures are the written Word. You do not understand John 5:39. Jesus is not saying the way to eternal life is not revealed in the Scriptures! Jesus is explaining that the Scriptures they are studying ARE about HIM; but that they do not come to Jesus…they do not recognize Jesus from the Scriptures that testify about him.
    We have access to God’s grace by faith, and faith COMES FROM HEARING THE WORD---from the scriptures!

Again, you do not understand John 5:39. Please consider it more carefully.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

More twisting of scripture

13. longhino

longhino New Member

Again, you are interpreting those verses and making your own conclusion about how I treat the bible. I do acknowledge the bible as testimony to Jesus Christ, how can you say I deny the bible?

I am not asking you about Paul's teaching, I am asking you where did the Lord Jesus Christ and God teach that.........., can't you find any? Is Paul the Lord Jesus to you?

14. longhino

longhino New Member

The trouble with you is you cannot pinpoint the twist, where is the twist there?

15. mandym

mandym New Member

Since Paul's words are God breathed they are the words of Jesus.

16. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If you claim to trust Jesus, you must accept what he said about the scriptures, that they are trustworthy and true. If you are going to claim the the scriptures are not trustworthy, you must abandon your claim that you believe Jesus' own words.

17. longhino

longhino New Member

Actually, the topic there are scriptures and eternal life and to whom eternal life can be found, what faith comes from hearing are you talking about?
    I am not an American neither Briton nor Australian, but it is not that hard to understand the statement "Search the scriptures;for in them ye think ye have eternal life," to mean people think they have eternal life in the scriptures. But is this true? What do you say?

What did Jesus say about the scriptures? Jesus said, and they are they which testify of me. Then, why did the Lord say "And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life,?The answer is in verse 39, people think they have life in the scriptures and therefore they will not come to Jesus, do you?

18. longhino

longhino New Member

Do not put words into my mouth, please? Can you paste Jesus' teachings about the scritures aside from what I posted for us to see what you are claiming about the bible?

19. longhino

longhino New Member

Well, that is your own opinion. Jesus did not teach what you are teaching now.

20. mandym

mandym New Member

Sure He did:

Mat_21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; this was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?
    Mat_22:29 But Jesus answered them, "You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God.
    Mat_26:54 But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?"
    Mat_26:56 But all this has taken place that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled." Then all the disciples left him and fled.
    Mar_12:24 Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God?
    Mar_14:49 Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize me. But let the Scriptures be fulfilled."
    Luk_24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
    Luk_24:32 They said to each other, "Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?"
    Luk_24:45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,
    Joh_5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

Jesus Himself referred to the authority of scriptures that were not His words while He walked on the earth.