1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does Jesus still speaks to people today as He did to Paul?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 4, 2012.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One blasphemes God when one disparages His delivered written Word. There is a written Word of God which abides forever and cannot expire for it is eternal as is God HImself.

Yes, the verse I quote is speaking of God's Word. The Word of God is as alive as God Himself for the Word is God. (John 1:1)

" For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    since he rejects the truth of the Bible being the revelation from God to us now, what would be his standard to judge IF God is really speaking to him though?

3. longhino

longhino New Member

I do not reject parts of the bible which are truly revelations from God, but I reject the ones in the bible which are not included in what God did command to be written. My standard is always the Lord God Jesus Christ himself, whether in truth or in falsehood or in anything which need judgment.

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

You have no way to know which parts of the bible to reject or accept. You say Jesus tells you which parts are true...another person tells them Jesus told them different parts are true. There is not even any point in arguing with you, because you will simply say, "Jesus told me." You have already said Jesus told you that you can ignore most of the bible except the part that says, "come to Jesus."

The Ironic thing is, if the Bible had never been written, you would not be making the claims you are making now, because like it or not, your ideas about Jesus came from the Bible. You have just kept the parts you like, and rejected the parts you don't like.

5. longhino

longhino New Member

You are just expressing your own perception and opinion about my belief in the Lord God Jesus Christ and in the bible. The Lord Jesus gave us proofs and words to live on in this world and I am very much sure to myself that He is the Lord who taught us that the bible is just a testimony to Him and same is not to be used for doctrines or teachings.

1. When a person dies, his soul or spirit will still be here in the world for 40 days under the careful watch of his guardian angels.

2. All the heavenly bodies (sun, moon, stars, moons, planets, etc.) will explode during the end of the ages, the last to explode is our planet.

3. All the exploded things/bodies will merge afterwards into a big ball or planet of fire and that will be the planet of Hell soon.

6. longhino

longhino New Member

Jesus is real and alive and He is our only way today to know which are true and which are false in the bible. Why be aprehensive with what others claim Jesus tells them, why don't you be contented with what Jesus is telling you now since Jesus is the One who saves?

So, what will be the problem when Jesus is the One who told you to do those things?

Those things you said are the old wines, the new wines are those that are coming from the mouth of the Lord Jesus.

Actually, we can discard all of it except for one and that is the belief that there is really God and that we have to come to that God to get from Him our salvation and eternal life.

7. longhino

longhino New Member

If the delivered written Word is the original handwriting of the one commanded to by God, I will agree.

You are blowing the bible out of proportion, only God himself is the eternal but the bible is not since it is only a book susceptible to damages and burns and wear and tear and so on.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are contradicting yourself. You say Jesus gave us words to live by and then you say these words are not to be used for teachings. For some reason you have decided to call Jesus Lord and God without believing the only recorded source this world has which testifies of Jesus. The testimony given by His chosen Disciples, not just one, but several who all testify of the same accounts and sayings given by Jesus Christ while here on this earth as a human being. To reject Jesus' sayings found in the Testimonies recorded within the bible is to reject Jesus Christ as Lord. The phrase "it is written" is a major theme of Jesus' ministry while here on this earth.

#108 steaver, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's the words God preserves, we are not talking of paper. Copies upon copies have been handed down and will continue to be handed down. God never promised to preserve original writings upon "original papers". What He has promised to preserve is His Word upon paper after paper and now upon computer after computer even. Paper and computers will wear out, but God's Word continues on by the Power of God Himself through His very creation of copies.

"Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever" (Psalm 119:152)

"Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away" (Luke 21:33)

You need to repent my friend, and find the real Jesus of God's Word. You are given a choice from Jesus; Believe His word and be saved or reject His word and be condemned by His word in the end. Better think it over.

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48)

You cannot divide Jesus from His words. You take the Jesus whom was revealed in His own words or you have created your own god for your own agenda and pleasures.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL the scriptures were inspired by God, and ALL written down are the revelation of God!

Cannot do a Thomas jefferson to the bible, and cut and paste what you want it to say!

11. longhino

longhino New Member

It must be your understanding of what I am saying that has contradiction in you, Jesus gave us the bible for us to know that there is really God to whom we can come and call on to at anytime thereby testifying to the reality of Jesus. It is Jesus himself, not the bible, who will give us words to live by but those words that Jesus will give to you or to me are not intended for teachings to other people for them to attain salvation. Those others will have to come personally to Jesus so that Jesus, in return, may personally respond to them and later guide them in their daily life. Words to live by for all of us must come only from the Lord Jesus in the realm of His own existence. In this regard, the bible, even God-breathed or inspired by the HS is not intended to be used (by anyone amongst us/men pastors) for teachings or doctrines especially on the topic of salvation, Godhood, etc. Why? It is so because the Lord Jesus Christ is the One who will teach those things to those who come to Him in the right way.

What is the matter with you? I learned from the Lord Jesus that the scriptures/bible are testimonies to Him and I believed that. What I cannot accept in totality is what you are claiming about the bible, you are overmagnifying it. I do acknowledge that there are words that God uttered in the bible but not all in it are of God's. There are alos words of men in it, even Satan and his devil.
    They are all dead and they cannot testify anything to us today, what we have today are just copies of copies of what they may had written in their personal letters to their fellowmen and things that Jesus and God instructed/commanded them to write. Look at those things as mere testimonies to God and learn to come to God and ask Him for the meanings of passages you have gone over with in it.

Which Jesus' sayings do I reject, can you paste some? How do you know of such major theme of Jesus' ministry, were you there during that time?

#111 longhino, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  12. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

From where or whom did you get this revelation?

13. longhino

longhino New Member

From the Lord God Jesus Christ who came down to our lives through his own means wayback 2001.

14. mandym

mandym New Member

I think someone needs to go visit Dr. Phil

15. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

He only speaks to Charasmatics in that way.

I don't know why it's only them, but it is.

John

16. longhino

longhino New Member

Sharing is for all because Jesus is for all and Jesus wants all to come to Him in the realm of his own existence so that He can come to those who will seek Him in the right way.

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Or to be fitted for a jacket that fastens from behind.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I already have....

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also". (john 15:20)

Of which you say.....

19. longhino

longhino New Member

Okey, to whom did Jesus speak when He said this statement, was Jesus speaking to you? Actually, Jesus was speaking to the disciples who were still alive and who can still testify for Him to others during that very time. Say if you were one of those disciples then, the saying that you will have to share to others will be purely coming out from the mouth of Jesus and whoever did take heed of what you were sharing with keep what Jesus was saying.

On the contrary, you bought a bible in a bookstore and you read passages in it and started sharing your thoughts and the verses that you have gone over with to other people. You have no idea whatsoever as to the veracity and genuiness of what you are sharing to and you have no way of knowing whether Paul or Peter did really say or do the things that you have read from their supposed to be writings in the bible and the possibility that you are wrong cannot be discounted, how can you accuse other who doesn't believe in what you are saying as "rejecting Christ's saying?"

If there is anything that I reject from you, it is your interpretation of the verses you quoted. Those verses themselves tell nothing today to us but just merely to testify that there was Jesus in that place at that very moment who uttered those words in that statement, and for us to clarify and determine the genuiness of that statement, we have now to come to Jesus who is the only living witness to the event and ask from Him what He does really mean by that to us this time.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No contrary! It is a Testament from the very disciples Jesus walked and talked with and gave His Holy Spirit to to remind them of all things which He had said. That same Holy Spirit testifies to His Christian children that all of these words handed down are unadulterated and infallible.

I know for a fact because I know Jesus Christ. Only Jesus Christ can prove to you that the bible is infallible. To reject the bible as infallible is to reject the Gospel and Jesus Christ for if God cannot preserve His Word throughout the ages, copy after copy, then He is not God! You are declaring that man can destroy God's delivered Word, this makes man superior to God! And more powerful than God!