1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does prayer work??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rew_10, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

Attempt to refrain from writing Scripture?

If one tries to reason out anything of one's own fallable logic, one will fail miserably.

The Word is given for our spiritual growth.

We are commanded to study it (2 Timothy 2:15)
    We are commanded to apply it to our lives and use it (2 Timothy 3:16,17).

As to prayer not working... Hogwash. It has been pointed out that God heard Hezekiah's prayer and God gave him 15 more years to live as a result of that prayer.

I, myself have seen the power of prayer in the Believer's life. Had I not prayed, had not others been praying for me, I would still be in the wheelchair that God so miraculously took me out of in 1996. Don't tell me that prayer does not work, I am living proof.

I don't know why you hate God so much to accuse Him of being imperfect and His Word of being flawed. Have you prayed for something and not received the answer? Are you going through a trial? sickness?

It is not always God's will to bring us out of trials and sicknesses in this life. Sometimes He chooses to let us suffer for our spiritual growth. But Healing or not, He is still God and He is a perfect God and His Word is infallable.

You can rant and rave all you want about an unjust God, but it is you who are unjust, it is you who are imperfect.

When you try to make people doubt God and His Holy Word, it is you whose word is not to be trusted.

God's Word is true and forever settled in Heaven.

#61 standingfirminChrist, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.