1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Scripture require the Regulative principle?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Dec 28, 2012.

1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Is there scripture that requires us to adhere to the regulative principle of worship, but not a regulative principle of other areas of life?

It seems if one said we cannot do things God has not commanded, then would that not extend to all of life?

Or if God simply says "Follow my commands...if not command is given, use your brain." (Normative), would not that apply to all of life?

Why the separation among those holding the regulative principle?

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, there's not a Scriptural command for the Regulative Principle.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Herald posted this in the other thread.
    http://arbca.com/images/pdf/Principle.PDF

then we see other portions like this----
    10 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not.

2 And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord.

3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the Lord spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

11 And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the Lord hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.

In portions here and elsewhere...looks like a regulative principle was in effect....how about Acts 5.....?

#3 Iconoclast, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012