1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Sin have value?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks....got the context

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mormon!?! LOL:BangHead:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I personally like all those things.....women, sex, drugs, alcohol, lust, money, Disney - gambling, good food, fighting, conducting a profitable business etc. Conversely I cant stand lazy & weak church services, blow hard phony hypocritical christians who talk the talk but don't walk the walk, denominations (though I can at times respect them if the line is good)

So I conclude Im a sinner & I can live with that...even be honest about it (if so inclined). I like being a scoundrel & it has profited me enormously. Now thats the reality of the world as I see it. Is that totally depraved or what.

[profanity edited out]

#23 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are no different than anyone else. That's what lust is all about. It's a battle:

NKJ Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.​

But that shouldn't keep you from trying, by God's grace, to participate with the Spirit in your santification which is indeed more of a process than conviction.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed (metamorphoo) by the renewing (anakainos - renovation) of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.​

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed (metamorphoo) into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.​

As we behold the person of Christ in the Scripture we (though unworthy) are morphed into His glorious image by the Spirit of God and bear His fruit.

Galatians 5
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Forget about what you call the BS'ers and those who don't walk the walk.

Take Jesus's advice:

John 21
    20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You?"
    21 Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what about this man?"
    22 Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."

HankD​

#24 HankD, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Hank, like Augustine said, "not just yet lord" . Till then, god is good & I am bad.....I can accept it. Thanks for your help (liked the greek translations)! You must of labored hard with that.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, I hope you stick around the BB for a while at least.

HankD