1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does That Make Me a Fundamentalist

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by OldRegular, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking for myself only....Id say throw out all the bad connotations of what the title "Fundamentalist" has come to mean. OR is not identifying a stiff necked arrogant Religious "Better than Thou" fellow....rather a person who has devoted allot of his spiritual life to trying to understand Gods plan for humanity. Thus he is a radical......his word was "Militant" .... A militant fundamentalist. Kinda different from what you are used to I'm thinking. I again prefer radical because it moves far beyond liberal & conservative branches of faith & digs in deep. The on-line definition of radical 'Relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.'

If I bottom line this, I think OR is indicating that in the study of God & faith, our brother undercuts all self interest, ideology & institution in favor of Christ's truth. Least, that is how I see it (my viewpoint). :thumbs: