1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the absolutely error-free KJV teach that Timothy was lost?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Harald, May 12, 2003.

1. Alex Mullins

Alex Mullins New Member

Harald:

I respect you for your research. It is obvious you have been doing some digging. I cannot speak for the others but the NKJV is one I have had opportunity to research.

The NKJV is truly a masterpeice of deception. It was touted as an updated accurate version of the KJV, the Authentic Word of God, the Authorized Version. Christians from far and wide could not get their money out fast enough to get a copy of this bible. It was advertised as the fifth revision of the King James(AV).

It was rumoured that the source texts for this version were, the Hebrew Masoretic(Majority Text) for the OT and the Greek Textus Receptus for the New Testament.

However, careful examination reveals that the NKJV Translators put in the footnotes many references to "NU", the "N" representing the Nestle Almand text and the "U" representing the United Bible Society text. Both of these are dependant largely on the corrupt Vaticanus and Sniai, manuscripts, virtually the same as the Westcott and Hort Greek text of 1881.

It is also important to note that nine of the NKJV translators were also on the NIV translation committee, were well versed in the W & H Greek Texts. In addition they used a translation methodolgy known as Dynamic Equivalence, long regarded as a false and corrupt method of interpretation. It is considered to be "men's corrupt thoughts replacing God's Words".

This carefree abandon has resulted in God's name being mutilated and down-graded in hundreds of instances and important word and meaning changes applied in over 100,000 instances. The pure and godly approach to scripture and Theology of the KJV translators was far different from that of the NKJV translators some 300 years later following the rise of modern thought.

The true test, however, can be seen in the way the NKJV translators have mishandled, dishonored and abused the very Name of God, His Son Jesus Christ.

Just as it is well known that there was a practicing Hoosexual and a practicing Lesbian on the NIV translation team, those same pro-gay biases are carried over into the NKJV.

Furthermore, an examination of James 5: 16 will reveal the pro-Catholic influence and stance of the NKJV. The word "fault" has been replaced with "trespasses" in the NKJV. Faults are those things we confess "one to another. Trespasses, on the other hand, are "sins" and should be confessed to God alone. This, in itself is very small but when you add up all the subtle changes it is clear that the NKJV is not a revision of the KJV, far from it.

Thomas Nelson Publishers are the largest bible publishers in the world and they have reduced God's word to a commodity. Both the NKJV and the NIV are top money spinners.

I am sorry to bring you this news, Harald, but I cannot agree that the NKJV is anything except another counterfeit bible.

I cannot comment on the others you mention because I have not had opportunity to investigate them. I also don't know where I could go in Canada to buy one off the shelf. Not so with the KJV.

Your help, insight and friendly attitude are truly appreciated.

God Bless

Alex

2. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

But that is not translating these things into the main text of Scripture. Fact: The NKJV is a translation of the TR with footnotes noting other variations. It is NOT a translation of the NU texts.

Could you give some evidence of these serious accusations that you have brought against the NKJV translators?

This is false. The NKJV is not a DE translation. And by the way, all translations use DE to some extent, even the KJV.

So I take it that you are an Anglican, correct? You do know that there were Baptists on the NKJV translation team, right? There weren't any on the KJV team.

This is simply not true, so it is not "well known." First, it was one woman, not two people. Second, she was not a translator. Please check your information before you post it.

The NKJV rendering is perfectly acceptable for the Greek word.

Last time I checked the KJV was the number two bestseller behind the NIV, and the NKJV was third. Do you really want to make sales a criteria for determining the pure Word of God? I thought KJV folks boast about the KJV being the #1 bestseller of all time. If your logic is right, the KJV is corrupt.

Neal

[ May 20, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: neal4christ ]

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

It is the most hated Book on earth!!! It has been the goal of the scholars union to get rid of it since 1881,thats WHY!!!! [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Yes - absolutely! The KJV is the most accurate translation available today.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

5. Pioneer

Pioneer Guest

Proverbs 26:4, "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

Proverbs 26:5, "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."

I am having trouble deciding which verse applies here.

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Reprise the theme song and roll the credits.