1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the bible mention meteoroids?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 2, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Do meteoroids fit into the bible somewhere? After all there really are giant craters in some countries which seem to be from meteoroids. I just wonder where this fits in the bible. :confused:
    Does the bible mention them?
    I also read that scientists are now assuming that life came from space because they found organic substances in a 2000 year old meteoroid.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the absence of verifiable facts - scientists make guesses and tell stories.

That is a fact of life. Get comfortable with it.

Revelation talks about a fiery moutain hitting the earth in Rev 5 or 6 -- but it really does not address the Meteor activity hitting earth before Gen 1:2.

In Christ,

Bob

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Does this mean that the earth has never been hit by a meteoroid? But where do these craters come from? I thought it was a fact.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes, that's a fact. I think meteoroids fall into the same catagory as hurricanes, earthquakes, ect., part of a fallen world. Someday there will be a new heaven and earth where nothing bad ever happens.

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But if the earth is 6000 years old and if everything has been written down since the beginning of mankind then the bible should mention it if a meteorid had hit the earth, shouldn't it?
    After all this would most likely have had a huge impact on the earth.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, I'm no geologist :tongue3: so I don't know the last time a meteoroid hit the earth, but just because it's not recorded in the Bible that doesn't mean it didn't happen. There's a lot of earth's history that's not recorded in the Bible. The Bible is God's book to us to know His Story and our relationship to Him, so it really doesn't matter that meteoroids aren't mentioned. Although, in the book of Job you will find quite a bit of writing about the earth being shaken and the waters overflowing their boundries. Also the behoemoth is mentioned which could be a dinosaur, so maybe Job witnessed some of these things. Read it and see what you think.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Maybe during the flood a meteoroid hit the earth. :confused:

8. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

One sure hit in Arizona way back when. You can stand on the rim of the giant crater, and even look at the meteorite itself in a public museum there.

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No -- it means that all the meteorites that hit the earth prior to Gen 1:2 are not documented and it means that all the collisions that happened in the last 6000 years were basically undocumented in the Bible.

In Christ,

Bob