1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does The Bible Teach People To Have Homophobia?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by KobrinFamily, Sep 26, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Paul I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I will pray for her salvation as well as her relationship with you to be restored.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think a lot depends on the attitude of the person caught up in this particular sin practice!

To one whio is struggling with this attraction, knows that it is wrong and not

honoring the Lord, that person needs to know that God fully loves them, accepts them in the beloved jesus, and that there is hope for them to have victory and overcome this through the power of the Cross of Christ and the HS!

To the sinner who is "brazen" in this lifestyle, "God made me this way", that person needs to be called to repentance and to turn from it and find grace and salvation in Cross of Christ!

SAME message, 2 different tacts though...

Soft love to group 1, tough love to group 2!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does The Bible Teach People To Have Homophobia?

Depends on whose definition of homophobia you are using/

To some if you do not fully accept the immoral lifestyle, you are considered to have homophobia.

So, if someone does call me the "H" word, the first thing I will do is ask them the definition. I then will ask them if they believe if I should be closed minded about the issue. (Of course they will respond "no") I will then ask them why they are being so closed minded about my belief.
    Then I might ask "Would you accept a murder into you circle of friends" A) "of course not" I would respond, "Why not" A) because what they did is wrong - My reply - Who says it's wrong? I think you get my drift now....

#23 Salty, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  4. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Contrary to present belief and teaching, I believe that homosexuality is acquired by choice and not inherited. (This was majority opinion mid twentieth century.) I also resent the misuse of a perfectly good word to to describe it.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
    Yes it is a choice just like any and all of our sins. No one has to sin any sin.

6. JesusFan

[
    [/QUOTE]

Actually, UNLESS one has been saved by the Grace of God, one will HAVE to sin in whatever weakness they have on a habitual basis, has they are "bound by their Will" and have NO power to stop it long term, as that power comes from the Cross and the HS Christians have!

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Actually, UNLESS one has been saved by the Grace of God, one will HAVE to sin in whatever weakness they have on a habitual basis, has they are "bound by their Will" and have NO power to stop it long term, as that power comes from the Cross and the HS Christians have![/QUOTE]

Not true. No one ever has to sin saved or lost. No person ever has to murder, rape, rob, lie, or anything else. All sin is a choice.

8. JesusFan

[/QUOTE]

ALL of us are born with sinful natures, who will choose to act out upon them...

Born with an inability to keep from sinning , as we are indeed in :bodage of the human will" sinners act out 'naturally" , while Christians ALONE have been freed from power of sin, and will ahve the choice to sin or not

NO sinner really has that choice/capability!

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

ALL of us are born with sinful natures, who will choose to act out upon them...

Born with an inability to keep from sinning , as we are indeed in :bodage of the human will" sinners act out 'naturally" , while Christians ALONE have been freed from power of sin, and will ahve the choice to sin or not

NO sinner really has that choice/capability![/QUOTE]

Yes every sin is a choice. No one or anything makes us sin. if what you say was true then no lost person could ever do anything but sin. Even the lost suppress their sinful desires at times. We all have that ability even when lost. Every lost person has desires but not all of them are fornicators or rapists. Every lost person has desired to have something not theirs but not all steal everything they want. So your idea is incorrect. The truth is all sin is a choice very time for every one. No one ever has to sin.
    The difference in a Christian and a believe is the believer has the Spirit the keeps him from practicing what his flesh desires as we surrender to the Spirit. The lost just sow to the flesh at will, not out of necessity. No one has to sin. It is always a choice. If you don’t believe that name me one sin you have ever done when lost that you absolutely had to do.

10. JesusFan

Yes every sin is a choice. No one or anything makes us sin. if what you say was true then no lost person could ever do anything but sin. Even the lost suppress their sinful desires at times. We all have that ability even when lost. Every lost person has desires but not all of them are fornicators or rapists. Every lost person has desired to have something not theirs but not all steal everything they want. So your idea is incorrect. The truth is all sin is a choice very time for every one. No one ever has to sin.
    The difference in a Christian and a believe is the believer has the Spirit the keeps him from practicing what his flesh desires as we surrender to the Spirit. The lost just sow to the flesh at will, not out of necessity. No one has to sin. It is always a choice. If you don’t believe that name me one sin you have ever done when lost that you absolutely had to do. [/QUOTE]

ONLY choice that sinners have is to "limit' the amount of sin they will have to commit...

carnal, sinful natures cannot keep from sinning, that is the 'natural" state they find themselves in. their state/condition...

sinners can choose to do 'little sinning" or 'big sinning' but will still be sinning!

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

ONLY choice that sinners have is to "limit' the amount of sin they will have to commit...

carnal, sinful natures cannot keep from sinning, that is the 'natural" state they find themselves in. their state/condition...

sinners can choose to do 'little sinning" or 'big sinning' but will still be sinning![/QUOTE]

Have you actually thought out what you just said? :laugh:

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank You FAL....

....Even though we've had our disagreements, it is great to know we have each others backs when prayer is needed. Thanks!

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Peter 2
    4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
    5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
    6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
    7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:​

As to the O/P - Sounds like there is an element of prohibiting fear or threat somewhere in this passage.​

As to "choice" and sin.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.​

"committeth sin" ​

"commit" is a participle indicating a state of being
    "sin" is a noun with the definite article "the sin".​

This phrase indicates that those who are of the devil are those who sin by "doing what comes naturally".​

A child of God while he/she is capable of a sin (even repeatedly) cannot sin in the manner of the lost as out of a state of being, a way of life because the Spirit abides in him/her sanctifying, convicting, reproving.​

So, it is bettter to say (as did Jesus) that the lost are slaves/servants of sin to obey (sin is their master) it rather than to look at any singular manifestation of that nature.​

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin (same construction as 1 John 3:8) is the servant of sin.

Thus 1 John 1:9 for the children of God to whom our father says:​

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.​

HankD​

15. JesusFan

which is why I said that sinners do what comes "naturally" to them, as their very natures will be to disobey against God...

really have 'no choice' in that matter, as that is just 'the way they are"

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes we all have a choice. No one has to sin.

17. JesusFan

Just like in the OT, sinners w/o HS in them have to sin, all they can 'choose" to do is to "limit" the extent of the sin!

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists like to claim that since all fall short of the glory of God, we have no capacity to desire not to sin, to desire the righteousness of God, or to desire salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. But they have no basis for these false assertions. Sure the first soil had so harden his heart he could not even understand the gospel, but the other three soils were receptive, proving Calvinism is false doctrine. (Matthew 13)

What is really sad is this false belief corrupts their understanding of other Biblical doctrines such that most of their assertions also have no basis in scripture.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I understand that is your belief but it is not biblical. The bible never teaches that. In fact according to scripture the Spirit was not given until pentacost. Paul makes it clea that he kept the law before His conversion to Christianity. As unto the law he says he was blameless. No one has to sin. Sin is a choice.

20. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a long established fact/practice that the Bible teaches whatever any one wants it to teach.

To the KKK it teaches as they preach. To the Jehovah Witnesses it teaches as they say. To the Catholics, etc. Jim Jones preached from the Bible. True blue Jews preach using only half the Bible.

Does the bible teach a doctrine of hating anything or anybody? It sure does..., in the right hands.