1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the Board have its share of Christian Bullies?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wade only give half truths?

CAUSE AND EFFECT!

For every response noted in the shrewd copy and paste job Matty forgot to include the reason for the sharp comments given by myself to him and others.

Matty me boy, you must work in the media business? If you're not working for CNN, you really should be, as you only report what you want in order to make your side seem more righteous.

The "horses patoot" comment came about due to your rude remark to me, and I quote: "Don't hold it against him. These things tend to happen as you become more and more senile."

#61 righteousdude2, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh yes there are bullies here and they come in the form as non-Cal and Calvinist. I have been bullied and harassed numerous times, and even some of them have been Calvinist! These type I agree with their theology but hate their attitude.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been a bully to me many times.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like your rudeness to me?

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Yes I have, and it is very likely to occur again.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Relational Evangelism
    God’s message of forgiveness through Christ is most effectively conveyed within the context of personal relationships. In whom are you investing?

I bet this church would hate me. Open air preacher, tract evangelist, and a Calvinist. But you list the essentials of the faith so I would not write such a church a letter regardless of our differences in secondary issues.

7. quantumfaith

Multitudes of people, and I venture to say MOST people would never be reached or inspired by the message of street preachers. Some....yes.....but my guess is that if valid numbers and statistics were available it would be VERY small. The same goes for tract evangelism.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God draws the elect to salvation and opens the hearts of those whom he grants faith and repentance. The PROBLEM with friendship evangelism is that it delays and undermines its message of repentance and the coming judgment. Its also not found in the book of Acts as the dominant philosophy is open air preaching, as the apostles were commanded to go preach in the temple courts. How many times do you think they would have been persecuted if they had a friendship evangelism method?

When I preach, pass out tracts, write letters, or speak with people I trust in the sovereignty of God in salvation and I evangelize only for the glory of God.

9. quantumfaith

Yeah, well you and I disagree theologically here. Our concept of the "elect" is different.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No question about it. But I have the edge because I have scripture and the book of Acts which you do not have. I also have Mark 16:15 which does not teach friendship evangelism. Besides the scripture I also read books by both philosophies, do you? Yes I have friendship evangelism, lifestyle evangelism, and Biblical evangelism books in my library. I just find more support from the Bible in the later philosophy.

That said on the job is the best place to practice friendship evangelism, however no one ever comes to Christ that way unless the word is preached via a conversation or gospel tract.

11. quantumfaith

Well you just keep to your view on the teaching of scripture, reading your books and especially reminding everyone else how wrong they are about things and how correct you are.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its really not about me, its about the Bible and what it teaches. I opened a thread in the CAL vs. Armin board more relevant to this topic as this conversation belongs over there.

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And do you know what's sad? Some on this board have the same sin found in Rev. 3:1 where Jesus said Sardis had a reputation of being alive for God, but their deeds were often wicked and that showed them more dead than alive. :tear:

Still, there are some wonderful people here, and the message to Sardis was meant for its leaders to affect change. We can only pray that the board return to its first love, and live like their name suggests: a church living for the Lord!

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People need to lighten up.

[​IMG]

I am surprised that this thread is still open.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are an example of a Bully so I got pics for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rolf sometimes some of us want you to either run out of here like the Jack Rabbit or change your attitude. Which will it be?

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean bullies that try to shut people up by posting pictures of rabbits? :laugh: Or the ones who find the practice childish?:(

Seriously, though...they need to restrict the size of pictures that we can post. This is getting ridiculous....except the puppy...I liked the puppy.

17. T Alan

T Alan New Member

He is able to post that "Wall Murial" AND I can't even get a small picture to "Upload" to a post. go figure.

18. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Puppy was very cute.

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any questions posed to you about the wisdom or the practicality of particular choices that you have made have been out of Christian brotherly concern. That is not bullying. Were I trying to embarrass or intimidate you, it would be. There is a difference.

I ought to be saddened or offended that you hold me in such low esteem, but I was young and headstrong once too. ;)

You ought not ask others for advice if you are unwilling to accept it in he spirit that is is given.

#79 Rolfe, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  20. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Yes, but did you see the bunny rabbit? Puppy or bunny, a question that can only be answered with a poll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.