1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does The Lord Create Evil?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 14, 2018.

1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Theory.....

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, for if there was no sin, there was to be no spiritua/physical death!

3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It still remains, if there are degrees of reward in heaven, which BTW there are, then we have the rewards of Christ's infinite righteousness waiting for us that would be impossible with our's or Adam's finite righteousness.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There would have been no need for jesus to die if Adam had not chosen to fall!

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Jesus was the lamb slain from the foundation of the world. This makes Adam's sin inevitable.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, was just answering what would ahve happened if Adam did not Fall!

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture is not built on speculation only on the purpose and will of God... God did not will Adam to fall but he did not intervene either... But he had the remedy for it when he did... Brother Glen:)

Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Did the Lord know where Adam is?... Sure he did, but Adam had to know where Adam is... Do you Adam?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When God said."Let there be light," was evil already present on the earth or was evil yet future, at that moment?

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There then, would have been no need for redemption, which by the way, had already been foreordained in the blood of the to come Christ in the image of Adam, for righteousness would have taken place in the obedience of one, Adam.

IMHO.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Let there be Light,"

Did the works of the devil, the evil one, already need to be destroyed by the manifestation of the Son of God or were his works yet to come?

11. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And?

Still, the Clark quote is quite problematic:

God does not cause man to sin. Clark's "solution" ignores that the law of God is a reflection of His own character. Therefore, God cannot go against His own law--as Clark theorizes--because to do so would be to deny Himself, which He cannot do.

The Archangel

• Like Like x 3
  12. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God certainly allows bad things to happen to good people (think Job for example)

In King Saul's case, however, if I remember correctly, Saul was behaving inappropriately and God was bringing punishment upon him.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gordon Clark's book God and Evil: the Problem Solved is, in my opinion, the best succinct presentation available on the problem of "God and Evil."

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. Yes, I said it, I agree with Archangel on this one! :eek: ;) Actually, this is what I appreciate about a Calvinist who is a consistent Compatibilist compared to a Hard Determinist. They realize concerning the Problem of Evil that the TRUTH must be upheld that evil cannot be assigned to God or you are staring Theological Fatalism in the face.

By aseity God is Only Good and no evil, not even in some contrived round-about way such as Clark "theorizes", can come from Him. This is a vitally important and absolute necessary TRUTH for any theologian to maintain no matter what their soteriological leaning.

We may come at the argument from some different angles but I believe we are pretty close on this coming to the same conclusion when dealing with the P.O.E.

15. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well... this place is apparently a lot colder now...

Blessings,

The Archangel

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not defending Clark's position. But I believe it's the best I've heard on the problem of God and evil. Many of the standard theologies say that without sin we cannot know of God's love, mercy, justice, wrath, goodness and so on. So sin appears to be necessary in order to reveal his glory. Which is why he created in the first place.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like light and darkness are contrasted, evil here is contrasted with peace. God is saying I bring times of peace, and I bring times of war. He will make brothers of enemies, and estrange mothers and daughters. There will be times of relative ease, and times of suffering. God brings them all.

In the bigger picture, as far as the problem of evil is concerned, where a heart is corrupted, where darkness is loved and God is hated, God cannot be charged, and yet it didn't happen outside of His will. We're told what the corrupting influence was with Adam. We're not told how Satan was corrupted, but we are told that lies began with him. Christ calls him the Father of Lies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only thing can say with certainity is that God cannot cause one to sin, as that violates His very nature!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would we ask God not to lead us into temptation if he is beyond doing this?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Per james, God cannot tempt/entice one to sin!