1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does The New Testament Teach Irresistible Grace?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Well, rc, if one grace cannot save, how do you know when you have the grace that does save? Can you see election grace?
    Can you see protection grace?
    Can you see wind grace?

Which grace is "unmerited favor"? How can you tell?

Elected to receive the ability to put our faith in Christ? Do you mean that in this age of Grace that not all are under God's grace? but only some nebulous group that is elected to get the ability to have faith, a human attribute inherent to all mankind, but not all can have it?

What a preposterously innane weakminded concept of Christianity! You, like Nicodemus, should be chided for you lack of understanding!

2. OCC

OCC Guest

rc...my friend...deep breaths [​IMG]

3. Corry Cox

Corry Cox New Member

Truthfully, no. I do not understand how God works his grace nor do I understand why. But He tells us in scripture that salvation, regeneration, justification, sanctification, and our eventual glorification are all works of His Grace. Hence the by grace statements. By His grace and for His glory!!

But hey I am simple minded. I really do not understand exactly the particle/wave duality of light but I do accept the principle based on observation and experimentation. If I can't get something finite how can I be expected to understand the infinite ways of the Almighty, but I do accept them to be true, I take Him at His word.

<><
    IHS,
    cbc

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Thanks for you honesty Corry,

I wouldn't say you are simple minded. but it seems you do lack a certain curiosity regarding things of the Faith.

You appear to accept "by grace" differently than most Calvinists on this BBS. It seems to me you are saying that Grace is not the way, or how, something happens, but the enabler for something to happen. Is that is correct assessment?

5. Corry Cox

Corry Cox New Member

Wouldn't say I lack curiosity on things of faith, I struggle with reconciling how grace and faith go together as well as mans free agency. However, my final authority is scripture.

I would say that grace is the way, the how, and the enabler.

<><
    IHS,
    cbc

6. rc

rc New Member

I'll "ignore" it KJ

Prov. 12.15-16

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I might agree with you that without grace, faith would not work. But without faith, grace cannot work. God has the grace, man MUST HAVE the FAITH. Faith alone is what saves us.