1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the Unborn Child have constitutional rights?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Apr 4, 2016.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On Sunday's "Meet the Press," presidential candidate Hillary Clinton asserted that an "unborn person" does not have constitutional rights.

"Well, under our laws currently, that is not something that exists," Clinton told Chuck Todd.

"The unborn person doesn't have constitutional rights. Now, that doesn't mean that we don't do everything we possibly can in the vast majority of instances to, you know, help a mother who is carrying a child and wants to make sure that child will be healthy, to have appropriate medical support.

"It doesn't mean that you don't do everything possible to try to fulfill your obligations. But it does not include sacrificing the woman's right to make decisions," Clinton explained.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/hillary-unborn-person-doesnt-have-constitutional-rights

I think that the Unborn Child has the right to inherit property from English common law, but I am no attorney, as you know.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Interesting question. In accordance with already in place law which has gone through the jurisprudence of the SCOTUS, I would say no if simply recognizing the law.

If they did have such rights as recognized by the law, there wouldn't be any legal abortion.

Now PERSONALLY, I believe they are endowed with the same rights as is every other American citizen. But dare I say I'm in the minority.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish that the Right would reject the term unborn. Pre born is more accurate and gives a bit of dignity to those children.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't understand how they can call the baby a person but still think he has no rights?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, it's open season on all non-citizens?

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Left used the 14th Amendment - "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the justification thereof are citizens...."

FTR, I do not agree with there interpretation.