1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does this help regarding "Earth Age" Speculation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by UnchartedSpirit, May 21, 2007.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

...I just noticed something about the "Tower of Babel" Incident...I don't have the verse with me right now but I did recall that once God scattered the nations, Moses goes into the geneaology of Abraham...anyway there can certainly be an indefinite amount of years between those two verses! That's because I believe the contents were still mushed together at the time of the building of that tower...and they still where when the nations scattered! Take a look: The biggest one to me at least is on how many native stories coencide with one another from so many polar oppisite regions of the earth. Native Americans in both the US and South America have many Asiatic facial features...and even have stories hinting to them having once been together! What were the other ones? Oh yeah! Theres this one Tribe in the Amazon --- they're on the same horizontal plane as this tribe in Africa...which both do the exact lip-stretching practise! In Fact you can connect the landscape from South America right across to Africa...Brasil even has it's own type of rhino and ostrich! There also used to be loads and loads of marsupials in the Amzon...but they were all hunted and eaten to death by the first natives to dwell there....they're on the cave paintings the made! Ooops I digress...but my point's been made! My only question is...why did God diversify humans on such a negative basis? The tower couldn't have been the sole purpose for it...I bet they couldn't even accomplish a mile-high tower at that...

2. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Earth Age

Look up the days of Peleg in scripture to see when that happened in relation to the Tower of Babel. I believe that Babel happened first. I don't have my bible in front of me now. But you also have to to follow the geneology as well. There is enough geneology that we can trace from Adam to Noah to Moses to David to Christ. Check it out and let us know.

3. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

How is the geneaology relevant if we can't line up the geological events to the persons in the Bible who would have been around at those times? However I did notice that for whatever reason God has always moved veeeeeeeeeeery slowly. For instance in Gen ch. 6 he declares that man's lifespan shall be 120 years. But he doesn't get around to that until the time of Shem's geneaology. And going down that list you can see that God didn't enact his statement right away...he slowly chipped away at the lifespan of mankind...

4. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Earth Age

Because the geneology will give you a time table to discern with. If you have an event that happens with no time table other than a verified geneology and you want to know the when of the event or the how long of the event, then line up the geneologies of the known people before, during and after the event to give you a clearer understanding of the time frame involved.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Nobody has built a mile high building in modern times. The World Trade Center towers were 1776 feet tall.