1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does this mahe sense?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by tonyhipps, Jan 6, 2008.

1. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

Doh! I meant to ask; Does this maKe sense?

I believe I have a good plan but I need input from those who have already gone through school.

I've already started school at North Metro Technical Institute (a community college here in town). I'm taking what they call Technical Communications which is basically 30 credit hours of core classes (liberal arts or whatever you call it [math, english, etc]). Simultaneously, I'll be working to finish the Liberty Home Bible Institute which is worth 42 credit hours toward a BA with Liberty.

So if every thing works according to plan, I'll use the Hope Scholarship towards the community college and pay $1250 for LHBI, once completed that'll be 72 transferable credits into Liberty. All for $17.36 per credit hour!

I've already tried to get the Hope for Luther Rice, but they won't except it because it's lottery money.

Any Thoughts? Objections? Ada boyz?

#1 tonyhipps, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to check about the transferability of credits to make sure that you aren't taking courses that won't fit into your BA degree plan at Liberty. Liberty's core curriculum is different than most, so you will need to check into this.

3. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

I did talk to a Lady from Liberty, and she assured me that Technical Communications is transferable from North Metro

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Sounds like a good plan to me. Once you complete the 72 hours then what? Will you finish the BA at Liberty or are you going to stay in Atlanta?

It sounds like you will have no problem tranfering your credits from Metro into Liberty, but what if you decide to finish your degree at say Ga State? Will you Liberty credits and Metro credits both tranfer in there? Just something to think about to keep your options open.

Sounds like a very cost effetive plan for an accredited degree. I'll give you an Ada Boy.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

You might want to ask for this in writing so they cannot say later that it is wrong.

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    " You might want to ask for this in writing so they cannot say later that it is wrong." Tend to agree, you might send the courses you will be wanting to transfer to them as well.

I had 8 hours of Masters work I wanted to transfer. Asked if it would transfer - yes was the happy reply. When sitting at the head of dept.s desk after moving my family half way cross the country the head said, oh yes they will transfer but some of them won't apply to the program you are in.

Ultimately the Lord worked it out and they did accept the credits in the program but we had a couple of days wondering where we were going to go from there :laugh:

The Lord was very good and worked it out for us.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is this working out, Tony?