1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does this Reflect the Board or the Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 23, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your opinion, Tom, that is what we are all here to do ... give an opinion.:wavey:

#21 righteousdude2, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  2. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for providing a Letterman like top ten of my posts. I feel good knowing that you are a "fan, Van?!" :smilewinkgrin:

And for you, in the first four months of this new year, you have posted exactly four threads, which seem to be all about doctrinal or theological issues. But you do get around, making a lot of comments on other members threads .... so what does that all mean? Just that you seem to be more involved in making comments, and not starting a topic/thread. Yet here you are, making a point, and I applaud your right to post and say what you feel led to say, even if it is based upon your personal slant of the Bible and life in general. The idea of this board is to be involved.

The point of this post may be race slanted, but it has everything to do with the manner in which some members are attacking others for having an opposing view. I do not see how you can see this as a race the ed thread. But, that is your right, God given right at that, to draw a conclusion and voice an opinion. So thanks for your two cents worth of thoughts on my concerns. Shalom!

#22 righteousdude2, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps my summary should have said "deals with charges of racism" rather than "deals with racism." The OP expressed the idea that charging others with racism was not appropriate.

My goal was simply to provide an objective basis for discussing your predilections. If you look at the threads I have started, the number #1 topic is Bible Study. But coming in a strong second would be addressing what I believe is unsound doctrine, including four of the five points of the TULIP.

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was clear. I saw you dealt exclusively with Bible study and Baptist doctrine. Maybe one could accuse you of being obsessed with TULIP points :smilewinkgrin: just like I am interested in getting the board back to topics that are more relevant to biblical issues, and enough with race baiting and throwing ugly slurs at those who disagree. God bless you brother. :flower:

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't see how anyone could read the title of the thread {Does this Reflect the Board or the Bible?} and think it would have anything to do with race. I agree with the OP.

6. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can stomach Abba, its the BeeGees that ruined the 20th century for me.

God bless.