1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Worship Cause Your Heart to Leap???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 21, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm including two other versions of the verse to show that the Message Bible does not take any away from the original translations of the more stoic translations.

Psalm 122:1 - The Message (MSG)

When they said, "Let's go to the house of God," my heart leaped for joy.

Psalm 122:1 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”

Psalm 122:1 - King James Version (KJV)

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

:applause: SO, when was the last time your heart leaped for joy at the thought of going to worship and praise God? :applause:

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The last time I didn't have to work for worship. I do the computer to project the words and so I have to technically follow the worship leader closely enough that I'm not really worshipping.

So instead, I worship on my own. And when I do? I cry. Just about every time. MAN, God is just so amazing, isn't He??? My heart leaps when I just even THINK about Him. :)

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Would Not Expect Anything Less of You....

He is an awesome God [I cry too when I plug in my praise and worship CD's] Our church just doesn't seem to know how to get over the hill and into the temple of praise, which is so sad. My moments of true worship and praise come when I'm alone with my music. :applause::applause::applause:

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The best was one Saturday night, my husband and daughter led worship at another church as guest worship leaders. I didn't do the computer (I could have volunteered, looking back but I didn't) and I knew the songs by heart so I could just close my eyes and focus on God. This was shortly after my daughter was healed and out of the hospital. OH MY WORD, I don't think I've worshipped like that in a long time. I was so joyful because of Lauren's healing and God's amazing timing on that whole thing and just being able to focus on Him was INCREDIBLE!!

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

On occasion, my pastor will deviate from the order of service by asking if someone has a testimony to give. Someone always does.

Sometimes they are no more than one-sentence testimonies. Others are varying lengths. But without fail, as people rise to tell of God's grace, the Spirit of God begins to move on us all. Here and there, tears begin to flow, hands begin to lift into the air.

The order of service is completely out the window.

Sometimes, someone will ask if we can sing a hymn.

Sometimes, our wise pastor will call us to the front to have a season of prayer.

Sometimes, he will just wait silently to see what God is going to do next.

Would you call it a high spiritual time? I suppose so. But it was not a euphoria. It was a sense of joy (as Ann related), and a sense of awe that God would see fit to make himself known to us in that way.

Finally, as things draw to a close, there is not the usual hand-shaking and small talk as folks make their way out. People are still daubing at their eyes with handkerchiefs or tissues. Some seem lost in thought.

It has not been worship as usual.

Now, I don't want to give the impression that our regular worship services are dull and routine. They are not. There are moments when my heart does leap for joy. But our services are not hour-long emotional highs. I do go away glad that I was in the house of the Lord and was with His people.

I don't need to be three feet off the ground during our worship services. I do want to be satisfied in him.

6. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

It's a moment of pure joy. Sometimes there are tears, sometimes laughter, sometimes peace and contentment but you can feel the presence of the Lord so closely, and it's precious beyond measure.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last few Sundays have been that way for this ol' preacher.

And folks afterwards sharing how God is using our corporate worship to move their hearts.

Moving in ANY directions is a "leap forward" in my book!!

:jesus: