1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does your ability to imagine something affect your faith?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 16, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

For example could you imagine somebody who is missing an arm being prayed for and then the arm grows back in front of your eyes?
    I noticed that Jesus didn't do such a miracle in the bible. Why? Was there nobody with a missing arm back then?

Anyway, does your imagination affect your faith? I mean do you have to be able to imagine something and to visualize it in order to have faith for it and if you cannot imagine something then you also cannot have faith for it? I have a problem with this. :(
    I always have to be able to imagine something because otherwise it seems so unreal to me. :tear:
    But the problem is that if I cannot imagine how something could happen or how it would look then it's as if this thing is impossible and cannot happen simply because I cannot imagine it. That may sound weird but this is how my mind works. Even as a child I used to think in these terms. If I couldn't imagine something then it was as if it simply cannot happen.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I love this quote from Heavenly Pilgrim spoken in another thread.