1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does your candidate pass the T.U.L.I.P.S. test for conservatism?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by redbelt, Feb 6, 2008.

1. redbelt

redbelt New Member

I was trying to think of an easy way to define what a conservative is. Good luck, huh? (neocon??) I decided to use the word TULIP which is usually associated with Calvinsim. Please, this thread isn't about Calvinism, I just thought it intersting that I could find many conservative issues using the word and adding an S at the end. Here is how I broke it down.... please let me know what you think.

T. Taxes... Lower taxes, less government interference in industry & business, control spending
    U. Use of military. Strong national defense, increase size of military, support our troops in harms way by equipping, encouraging and evaluating the options given by generals
    L. Life style. Family values evidenced in their own personal life, promotes marriage of a man and a woman
    I. Immigration. Secure border first, No amnesty, Immediate deportation of illegal aliens who have committed crimes here or elsewhere, penalize those who hire illegal aliens
    P. Pro Life. Believes in sanctity of life, against stem cell research, support the ban on partial birth abortions
    S. Supreme Court appointees. Will appoint strict constitutional constructionists,does not make law, but interprets the law based on the US constitution.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I know that some other things could be added to each of these points. I just wonder???? How many points does your candidate have? Let the fun begin! I think mine may be a 4 pointer!

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

As I reject many of the premises of your acrostic, I would suggest these:

Taxes - repeal Bush tax cuts for billionaires & support a fair & equitable tax code.
    Univeral Health Care - affordable and universal coverage for all Americans.
    Leave Iraq - Declare victory and turn it over to the Iraqis to solve their own sectarian differences.
    Infrastructure - Invest in the repair of crumbling highways, bridges, and energy infrastructure in the U.S.
    Penalize companies who send American jobs offshore with high taxes and barring from getting government contracts.
    Social Security - quit robbing the trust fund and secure the retirement of our retirees, both current and future.

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: :applause: :applause:

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

5. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

This is the kind of TULIP I can support! :thumbs: