1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does your church have a nursery and

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by menageriekeeper, Apr 5, 2011.

1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, you had your chance. You asked a question and I took you off my ignore list just so that I could answer you and then, when I asked you to clarify your answer so that I could give you a more accuate and succinct answer, rather than just toss out some vague generalities. How did you respond? With ad hominem attacks and flaming.

As it turns out, you demonstrated that I was right in the beginning to not trust you.

I believe it's clear by my asking for clarification of your answer that I was making a sincere, good faith effort to answer your questions.

Naturally, the usual suspects will come out in your defense and to bad mouth me and I really don't care.

#41 JohnDeereFan, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
  2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

This is going nowhere quickly. I'll never convice you of my original intentions, as you seem bent on having an argument. Have a nice day.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your numerous attacks, ad homs, and misrepresentations of my beliefs has already convinced me.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I enjoy how you completely rewrote post #41 so that you removed all your attacks against me, after I posted #42.

I haven't attacked you at all. I simply asked you for citations on Scripture. You came out of the gate with "I don't trust you and I don't believe you're asking sincerely."

Have a nice day.

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Okay JDF, quit arguing with Matt and post some scriptures so that those who were wondering the same thing will have somewhere to look. I'll go first:

Mark 10:13-16 "suffer the little children" This passage is repeated in Matt 19 and Luke 18 so I'm guessing the writers of the gospels thought it was important.

John 6:9 "There is a lad here with 2 small fishes and 5 small barley loaves" The child had to be close up to the front of the crowd for the disciples to have noticed him. In other passages dealing with the large crowds and the miracles of feeding them, the men are counted but notations are made that women and CHILDREN were included in those listening to Christ preach.

That's just right off the top of my head for a quick post. JDF may have more I haven't thought of.

Oh and remember Samuel in the OT was a CHILD the first time the Lord called to him.