1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does your church preach on controversial subjects?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats amazing. That would be the day if they did that at my church.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. I am considering another church because I believe I am being led to be a member once again. Things change and sometimes people are called out of one church to another because for some reason God has a purpose for them there. I am glad that you are active in your church. There are too many attendees filling the roles.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have actually not seen anyone "anti-Law in evangelism" on this board...not yet anyway, although I assume they may exist. I have seen people "anti-convict under the Law as it's the only biblical method" on this board, and they have my full support. Heresy is to be condemned, not encouraged, regardless of the zeal behind it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've also seen "anti-convict using the law while open air preaching like they did in Acts" people on this board.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that too. I fully support those guys as well. Last Fall I joined one of those organizations, the Fellowship of Comfortless Brethern (FCB). I plan on renewing my dues in August.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disagree, Evan? Please list one person that opposes using the Law in evangelism. Or provide the heresy you think should be supported.

#47 JonC, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Law for the proud and grace for the humble is the biblical method. You are against using the law in evangelism as you have made clear before.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, with all due respect and love, you have absolutely no right to tell me what I believe, what I am for, or what I am against. I have not opposed the use of the law in evangelism.I do not know of anyone here who has. Yes, I deny that placing the "proud" under the Law of Moses is "the biblical method", but I have never said that I am opposed to using God's moral law, or even the Law, or the Ten Commandments (I think it a good idea if it communicates the gospel).

If the care you give to the words people post to you on this forum is any indication of the care you give towards scripture, then perhaps that is an indication of a serious issue, brother.

Please take care when trying to speak of other people's beliefs, Evan, otherwise people may begin to think you are dishonest. You don't want to get the reputation of being a liar, but that is what will happen if you continue to bear false witness against other believers repeatedly. And I think you'll find it a difficult reputation to shake.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I see something additional. I could be wrong, but with his emphasis on wanting to teach, I wonder how much of it is desiring the attention that standing in front of others has. Christ taught, but he also washed feet. The unseen and lowly things that must be done to keep a church running are just as important as teaching Sunday School. If that is hard to believe, stop cleaning the toilets and mowing the grass for six months and watch the distraction they become.

To be able to lead well, one should learn to submit first. I see a real struggle with that.

11. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I perceive that perhaps is why God placed him in such an uncomfortable assembly.

Believers need to learn contentment in that place God has placed them.

IF that in fact is where the Holy Spirit lead.

"All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate’er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate’er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well..." Francis Crosby​

12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I reckon he didn't find a church that believed like he did. If all took that stance, then no church would have anybody sitting in their pews...we all see things differently.

13. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I mean this as respectfully as I can, but you need think before posting things that slight your church. I am a 5 pointer and everyone else is, at most, 1 pointers, but I do not air their laundry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I nor WOTM place anyone under the Law of Moses and I am not sure where you get this.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah probably the best idea.

• Like Like x 1
  16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I submit fully to the authority of the church unless they go beyond scripture.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said they did, Evan. I only used that to illustrate that I have NEVER opposed using the law in evangelism. You are going off on a tangent.

THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID TO ME:
    I am saying that you are falsely accusing me and others on this forum for being against using the law in evangelism. And now by clarifying that by "the law" you do not even mean the Law, you are making an even bad misrepresentation worse.

To my knowledge no one has said that you cannot use God's moral law, or even the Mosaic Law (to include the Ten Commandments and ceremonial laws) when witnessing to others. I challenge you, brother, to back up your claims. At the same time, I know that you cannot simply because this is not the first time I have said this exact same thing. So I ask you....Are you bearing false witness against me and others on this board? If not, then prove your case. If so, then should you not repent?

18. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, the 'fruit inspector' bug has bitten you too Willis? Read Pink's bio, though in ill health, he was far from idle during those 16 years of isolation. And even if he had been idle God would not have forgotten the great works this man had already done.

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is repeatedly complaining publicly about your church part of that submission? Submission is not just action, but it is also attitude.

#59 Rolfe, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  20. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read Pink's bio, Inspector.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.