1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does your pastor/Church lean Towards Lordship/Free Grace Salvation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 14, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

My Church recently went thru discussing the aspects of "Lordship" vrs "Free Grace" Salavation...

Lordship states that a Christian MUST be willing to have Jesus as BOTH Saviour and Lord, that a true disciple will be confirming their will to His, and that we need to be submitting our whole lives to Lord...

Free Grace states that one has jesus as savious when reborn again, he should become the Lord of your life, but is NOT required to be really saved...

Where do you stand on this?

2. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

Umm..if i'm understanding your question correctly...Lordship, definitely..

1 John 2:3-6
    And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Bible calls him both Lord AND Savior.. not either/or

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Definitions vary, but Lordship/Sovereignty for sure. :type: