1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dog Question

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by following-Him, Sep 27, 2010.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Our little dog Leo just got himself dirty - I left the door of the woodburner open. I bathed him but while I was showering him down I noticed a lot of brown spots on his back - sort of like age spots in humans. He is 12 years old and usually white. Should I be concerned?

Blessings

following-Him

2. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

From Experience I'd Be Concern

I think at the age of this dog, you should be concerned. Because I remember my sisters last 3 dogs. Winston died about 10 years old from Cancer. He was an American Eskimo
    Pandora aka Doris died at 12. She was going blind and then just laying there. And Suede at 13 both of these died of old age. These were Schipperkes. They are little black dogs with no tails. They say that each year a dog’s life is 7 years to our one year. Your dog may not be dying just yet but aging. See what the vet says.

Your friend RJ

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Lucky him!!! I have a Border Collie----lives in the outdoors on the family farm----she isn't priviledged to recieve baths and showers

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen dogs with age spots before and it didn't seem to matter to the dog. If the hair on the spots starts falling off, or the dog is biting at them, or if the spots are raised and bumpy, I would see the vet.

5. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

These spots are just like freckles and otherwise Leo is fine, as lively as ever.
    He goes to the groomer every six weeks and is up to date with all his shots and vaccinations and is wormed and has flea treatment regularly. The spots were only realy noticable when he was wet in the shower. Being a little dog with pink skin and white coat we try to keep him out of the sun.