1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DOJ invoked Espionage Act in calling Fox News reporter criminal 'co-conspirator'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 23, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Justice Department did more than seize a Fox News reporter's emails while suggesting he was a criminal "co-conspirator" in a leak case -- it did so under one of the most serious wartime laws in America, the Espionage Act.

It's the same law used by the Nixon administration to go after The New York Times and Daniel Ellsberg over the leak of the Pentagon Papers. It's the law used to charge the Rosenbergs, American communists, for allegedly passing secret information to the Soviet Union -- they were executed for the offense in 1953.

One Washington attorney, who represents two defendants recently charged under that World War I-era law, told FoxNews.com that the decision by the Justice Department to invoke it in the current case is "beyond chilling" -- and could set a dangerous precedent for going after reporters.

"This kind of puts us into the deep freeze," attorney Jesselyn Radack said. "I feel like we're back to the Dark Ages."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...porter-criminal-co-conspirator/#ixzz2U7UTdX68

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thinking of just voting for a living in the future instead of working for a living, I want to comment on Julius and Ethel Rosenberg because Fox says that they allegedly passed secret information to the Soviets. It seems that both Truman and Ike reviewed their convictions--they were guilty. They had been longtime card-carrying communists. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, the fall of the Soviets released papers confirming their guilt. They deserved execution in my opinion.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1353311/Julius-Rosenberg-and-Ethel-Rosenberg

As for the Fox case, that might explain why AP was rounded up--as a cover up of the political targeting of a Fox reporter by a government that seeks to repeal the Bill of Rights. It is the government official who should be the target of the Democrats.