1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DOJ urged to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#1 Jedi Knight, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The potential for political backlash from whites and Hispanics against the Marxists would almost make it worth it if they did pursue civil rights charges against him.

Poor George, he ain't out of the grinder yet.

#2 kyredneck, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Reverse discrimination. Where are the Hispanic groups to stand up for this guy??

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is pay back time - we have a president interested in politicizing and creating race issues wherever they can be had. Surely the Zimmerman trial is the perfect place for him to get involved and deliver payback to the Americans not willing to politicize everything.

If not him then who will do it? If not now then when?

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see this going nowhere. I cannot see how this could be a civil rights case.

6. Walguy

Walguy Member

I'm no lawyer, but I wonder if Zimmerman himself doesn't have grounds for a civil rights suit AGAINST the government, since there is apparently documentary evidence that the DOJ was directly involved in organizing and populating protests in Miami, the only possible purpose for which was to influence the outcome of the proceedings. Surely this could be construed as the government attempting to compromise a citizen's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If the legal grounds really are there, I think he should go for it!

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The government should be relieved that Zimmerman was found not guilty. The entire episode is going to be one for law school case studies of unethical conduct.

1. The initial chief of police and local DA wouldn't bring charges or a case because of the evidence they saw which seemed to indicate a confrontation and physical altercation.

2. A new prosecutor was brought in after the police chief resigned and began looking at bringing charges once the political rhetoric had reached a high enough volume.

3. The prosecutor herself is under an ethics investigation for misconduct in her handling of this case. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...secutors-affidavit-in-zimmerman-case-a-crime/

4. The media seemed to take on the prosecution in public with edited copies of the 911 call that were crafted to make Zimmerman out to be an aggressor. He's currently filed a libel lawsuit against NBC. http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/us/florida-zimmerman-nbc-lawsuit

5. Apparently there was data and evidence withheld from the defense. Ben Kruidbos, who works with the computer forensics department of the county, notified the defense and media of withheld evidence. If anybody has a legitimate lawsuit for wrongful dismissal it probably this guy. http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...ion-technology-for-the-state-attorneys-office

6. Even before the case got to court, Zimmerman's original legal council could have had an ethics charge brought against them for how they handled his initial legal situation. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...an_bar_association_s_ethical_guidelines_.html

Ultimately, more than a few legal scholars are talking about how Zimmerman could have a civil rights case against Angela Corey and her office for their handling of his prosecution.

Regardless of where one stands on the tragedy that unfolded one night 18 months ago, due process requires certain standards of conduct and we as a society deserve to have a responsible journalistic news media. These things seemed hard to come by in the events which have unfolded.

8. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

If I were George I would sue the network that cut and pasted the audio clip to make him sound racist.