1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dole Remarks

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by cranston36, Nov 9, 2006.

1. cranston36

cranston36 New Member

Senator Dole, who has been nearly silent during her career as Senator for North Carolina has recently been quoted as saying, "It's like they're content with losing. To pull out and withdraw is losing. The Democrats appear to be content with losing.”
    She was talking about the United States in Iraq.
    The Circus of Sadaam Hussein finished its first act by condemning Sadaam to death just in time for American mid-term elections. Senator Dole, who got her seat apparently due to backroom machinations by her aging husband, an ex-Senator from Kansas, now seems intent on stirring up domestic trouble in the United States.
    She is showing a weakness in the Republican party that I don’t care for. As an American who happens to be a Republican her personal attacks against my fellow Americans leave me with a sick feeling in my stomach. I believe I am seeing Senator Dole relying on the same, sorry political tricks her husband used to play in Kansas.
    Anyone that thinks so little of the Great State of North Carolina that they can snap their fingers to get their way must be in denial about many other things as well.
    Senator Dole’s behavior, coming as it does from a woman who has enjoyed a life of ease and whose brushes with adversity seem to be limited to not finding the right color for her limousine or having her veal overcooked should have her attention drawn to one very pertinent fact.
    You’re not in Kansas anymore.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I imagine she's trying to get the democrats to re-think their political position on Iraq. For the U.S. to back out now WILL be another loss which we cannot endure and still maintain any semblance of being a deterant against tyranny, and it would be a horrible tragedy for the people of Iraq, resulting in millions of innocent lives lost.

The Democrats are taking over a monumental task that will determine freedom for multi millions of people the world over. I don't think they have anyone willing or capable, and pray I'm wrong.

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You keep saying this as though it was fact. If it is, prove it. In actuality it is based on supposition on your part as to what will or might happen. After all, these Republicans are the same ones whose predictions about Iraq so far have been totally wrong and disastrous. Maybe these predictions are flawed as well.

Also, if the citizens of Iraq want to have civil war, a few hundred thousand U.S. troops will not be able to stop them. The Iraqi people don't want us there; let them solve their own problems.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

This attack on Elisabeth Dole seems almost cannabalistic - Republicans eating their own kind. That irrelevent remark about the limosine is off the shelf canned dem-hate warmed over.

She's had a political career of her own so the smarmy remarks about her husband's "apparent... backroom machinations" seem unwarranted, possibly misogynistic (as though a woman cannot achieve anything on her own).

As for her making "personal" attacks - perhaps if you gave an example you could prove your point, but I'm disinclined to credit that without evidence.

5. cranston36

cranston36 New Member

"I imagine she's trying to get the democrats to re-think their political position on Iraq."

If she was doing anything it was acting like a loud-mouthed bully who couldn't think past her next dividend check.

"For the U.S. to back out now WILL be another loss"

What other loss are you talking about?

" which we cannot endure and still maintain any semblance of being a deterant against tyranny,"

What tyranny? The United States put Hussein in power and removing him was a favor for the Saudis kings who slaughter and maim their own people in order to keep them quiet while they marry 50 to 80 women and buy yachts to float in swimming pools.

" and it would be a horrible tragedy for the people of Iraq, resulting in millions of innocent lives lost. "

Hundreds of thousands have already died. As for 'millions' - look to Africa where the Arabs are slaughtering Christians for fun and profit. After they empty the lands of their rightful owners they sell the oil rights to the Communist Chinese - now the killing has spread to Chad. You know why? Because no one who can do something about it is doing anything about it. Iraq is, was and always will be a mistake and a grand waste of time, energy, money and God's good grace.

"The Democrats are taking over a monumental task that will determine freedom for multi millions of people the world over. I don't think they have anyone willing or capable, and pray I'm wrong."

You sound like one of the worst enemies of America. You have a stake in it and all you offer is worry and woe. Stay out of the way. The rest of us - Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians - real Americans wherever they are - have a lot of work to do.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy

Good post!

Wayne

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's simply stating the facts in the form of an observation.

Looks legit to me.:thumbs:

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==She has not been silent. She just has not been in the news.

==Why should anyone care about the republican party, or the democratic party. Both parties are major problems. We need to abandon both of them, not defend them.

==I would like to think that no politician represents our state. Sure that maybe their job title but I certainly hope the Tarheel state is better than they are (and it is).

9. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Daisy, are you asserting that women CAN achieve something on their own???

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt that women can achieve wonderful things on their own. For example, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

11. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I know, I was making a small joke for Daisy. Were I to make that simple statement in the good company of my mother and sister, the fight would be on.

#11 hillclimber1, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006