1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Domino Effect not just in the Power Grid

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Dr. Bob, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

I want to quickly add this scenario which will be inclusive of all forms of external communication in order to illustrate my point.

If I was exactly the same person I am at this moment in every respect but for the exception that I was completely paralized from head to toe, would I not still be under the same curse of sin? If you answered, yes, you know the reason is because sin has it's origin in the heart, and all of these external expressions of it whether conscious or unconscious are merely symbols that represent our nature, regardless of whether or not they are universal.

2. Molly

Molly New Member

For just a moment I thought you were quoting lyrics to a song you liked that you sung at your church. That was a scary moment!

Yikes! :eek: :eek:

Molly

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cats and dogs are more like humans in their natures than say, worms or mosquitos. How do would you communicate with a termite?

Admit it. You rely much more on what is in me than what is outside of me to communicate with me, especially as a musician. You rely completely on my human nature to enjoy your music. If I were a much lower life form, your music would only be so much noise.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was an interesting discussion worth revisiting.

5. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

yes it was. You summarize and go first ;)

Nice to see you again Aaron [​IMG]

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I took a day or two off from my busy schedule to bring some discussions of merit back to the Music Ministry Forum.

Nice to see you too, but I'm NOT going to put away my sword ;)

This thread came about after a discussion with a fella named Yod who began using charismatic jargon to describe the religious experiences at his concerts, e.g. "the Spirit fell". Basically, he was describing a phenomenon that was due more to the moods incited by the music than to the Spirit of God.

That brought us to the discussion of whether or not there was a link between CCM and the lack of sound doctrine being taught in church these days.

My argument was that CCM caught on faster in charismatic circles because it was:

That's one reason why music should be governed, especially in church.

7. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

8. superdave

superdave New Member

Yep, I was wondering the same thing.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumping this up. A lot of good points in this discussion . . .