1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Donald Miller on his choice...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by dan e., Oct 7, 2008.

1. dan e.

dan e. New Member

"I don’t dislike John McCain. I think he is a good man and a drastic improvement over Republican candidates in the past. I do wish he were a Christian, or would talk about faith, Jesus, Redemption or the Cross. Barack Obama does, very often, and very unashamedly.I am uncomfortable with the idea of a truly secular man in the White House, a man who has no church, no pastor, does not read the Bible and may not even pray. John McCain seems like a good man, but a secular man. I want our next President to talk and listen to God...."

Read the rest of the blog post here

I thought this was an interesting article on why he is voting for Obama over McCain.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Obama would be our most secular President ever. Just because he goes to church or talks about "his faith" doesn't mean anything. There are lots of people who go to church who are secular to the core. Obama's policies and political philosophy are secular and mostly do not align with Biblical principles.

#2 Andy T., Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  3. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I think what Miller described as his reasoning for voting for Obama despite his pro-choice stance best describes one reason why I won't be voting republican. He said:

"I am a pro-life voter, but do not believe John McCain’s plan on the issue will work. McCain’s only stand on the issue has been a recent switch to a pro-life position, and a promise to continue the attempt to criminalize abortion through the Supreme Court.I believe this is an empty promise, and anybody who understands our judicial system would know this....The Democrats have proposed comprehensive legislation called the 95/10 initiative that aims to reduce the number of abortions that take place in this country by 95% within 10 years. While Barack Obama is a pro-choice candidate, he supports this and similar legislation."

...thought that was interesting, and agree with his opinion that the Republicans are using a lot of lip service to get their usual conservative Christian vote. However, that doesnt' mean I'm voting for Obama. I'm just not giving my vote to the lip service.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes he does and he has revealed to any who care to listen that he is not, in fact, a Christian.

Obama's religion is Obama. Obama's savior is Obama. Obama decides what is sin according to the dictates of his own conscience and a guilty conscience is his punishment for his sins...ad nauseum...