1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Donald Trump Masqueraded as Spokesman to Brag About Himself

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, May 13, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't believe no one has posted this yet...

All one needs to do is listen to the recording and you can tell that Trump is lying (again.) It's obviously Donald pretending to be John Miller.
    ----------------
    In the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s, media spokesman "John Miller" or "John Barron" had conversations to boast about Donald Trump, according to journalists and several of his top aides. Trump this morning denied he was John Miller.

The voice is instantly familiar; the tone, confident, even cocky; the cadence, distinctly Trumpian. The man on the phone vigorously defending Donald Trump says he’s a media spokesman named John Miller, but then he says, “I’m sort of new here,” and “I’m somebody that he knows and I think somebody that he trusts and likes” and even “I’m going to do this a little, part-time, and then, yeah, go on with my life.”

A recording obtained by The Washington Post captures what New York reporters and editors who covered Trump’s early career experienced in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s: calls from Trump’s Manhattan office that resulted in conversations with “John Miller” or “John Barron” — public-relations men who sound precisely like Trump himself — who indeed are Trump, masquerading as an unusually helpful and boastful advocate for himself, according to the journalists and several of Trump’s top aides.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...y.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name:homepage/story

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've always said that Trump was the inverse version of Obama, but now I'm thinking he has Obama beat by a mile on the level of narcissism that guys has. Its a sad commentary on the electorate that 10 million people vote for him. .

• Like Like x 1
  3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a very astute observation. Both men are egotistical, narcissistic, arrogant, self-absorbed authoritarians.

What kind of a world do we live in where a man can impersonate himself and brag about his sexual conquests in the third person and not face any consequences?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Silence Dogood ring a bell?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is no Benjamin Franklin.
    Besides there is a huge difference between writing under a penname, that everyone knows is a penname, and actually lying about who you are to brag about yourself in the 3rd person.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Franklin was no saint either.

Franklin wrote under the pen name to hide his identity so his letters would get published. Franklin was a statesman. He promoted his philosophies anonymously.

Trump is a businessman. If he posed as John Miller to journalists to promote his name and business, it is not something unheard of. I would say it is a common thing.

"An unnamed source close to Steve Jobs said . . . " and so on.

7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again Trump is no Franklin. Now I have no problem stating that Franklin was a womanizing hedonist. But he was also very smart, which is why he was also a statesman. Trump is not in any way close to the same league as Franklin. Just because it is common doesn't make it right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The level of rationalization you will go to defend this charlatan is amazing. He misrepresented himself as being ANOTHER PERSON, not as being an unnamed source. Multiple times. So many times it was a running joke with his aides and employees.

Ben Franklin writing under a pen name has nothing to do with it. Even if it did, he wasn't using the medium as a means of publicizing his sex life. Sheesh!

Whether or not it's a common thing, and it's not, has nothing to do with the ethics of it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is all about self-identification. *laugh*

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I heard this in the morning on satellite radio when he called into the Today Show. It's obviously him even though he denies it. He's starting to sound less and less sane every day.

But betcha golly wow, he's gonna build that wall and build it tall!

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me again, again, again state that I am no fan of Trump.

These are my opinions;

Trump is intelligent beyond almost everyone's ability to know.
    We all (to one degree or another) hide our true self.
    I believe he is a master of the art. This is what concerns me.

Who/what is the true Trump.

Problem: there is both good and bad fruit upon the tree.

In my estimation of course.

IMO - any other possibility of POTUS will only bring us further down the path to a totalitarian secular humanist nation.

We already murder the innocent - abortion and euthanasia (in many states - here in WA its called "death with dignity" ).
    The ancient sacred institution of marriage has been shattered with the consequence of a growing unisex society along with a philosophy of uninhibited carnal sensual immorality.
    The mass media have almost completely been infiltrated with the "progressive" devotees ("I felt a thrill go down my leg").

Still IMO - I know if we vote in Trump it's a BIG gamble but the other possibility is a certainty especially if the SCOTUS deck is going to be stacked with the ungodly and the current constitutional lawlessness is maintained and/or increased.

Even if he only fulfills two of his promises (overthrow Roe vs. Wade; appoint only Scolia type judges) it will be worth it IMO.

Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.

HankD

#11 HankD, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you Hank....if he keeps only those two promises, a 4 year term would be preferable to the alternative 'Dynasty of Death', but this nation needs to be on its toes....and perhaps go so far as to elect a real Christian to the White House.

13. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's really a funny contrast with Aaron posting in the politics thread and the way Aaron posts in the music thread. He's openly fine with all of this stuff with Trump and will just hand wave it away but add a drum to the worship service and he turns into June Cleaver clutching her pearls.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron is entitled to both his convictions and opinions.....any you are entitled to disagree and also to challenge him......but to draw silly analogies is asking for retaliation, right!

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who knows. I'm not particularly concerned.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "At this point, what difference does it make?"

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is pretty much what I've been saying to myself at this point.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you quite serious?!?

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biggrin You don't recognize the quote?