1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Donna

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Beth, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Beth

Beth New Member

My neighbor who has Alzheimer's Disease has a new health care worker. I've been going over there a few times a week, at lunch, to get to know her.

A couple of days ago, she told me that she accepted the Lord as Savior back in 1976. I asked what church she was attending at the time and she indicated it was a Baptist church.

When speaking to her a bit more, I believe if she is saved, she is backslidden....her lifestyle is not what one would expect from a saved woman.

Please pray that, as the Lord leads, I might be able to encourage her in some way to perhaps repent and walk in a manner more in line with God's Word.

Any advice, by the way, would be more than welcome in how to work with her...if she is willing to study the Word with me, or whatever. I know a first step is to encourage her to read her Bible.

Thank you for your prayers for her!

Your sis in Christ,
    Beth

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Yes, we will be praying that the Holy Spirit will lead you what to say and we are
    so proud that you are concern about your neighbor.:praying:

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord, we want you to use Beth as a witness to her neighbor.
    May this be a great time of fellowship and growth in both
    of their lives. In Jesus' precious name we pray. Amen

4. Beth

Beth New Member

Thank you for praying for her, Jill

She is having a very hard time financially right now. We were able to give her some groceries yesterday to tide her over till Friday...she is on minimum wage and having a very hard time making ends meet.

I'm going to give her a Bible this week also, so she can start reading and studying.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying for you Beth as you have times to share your faith with your neighbor. We were thinking that you could share her financial needs to your church to help her and could fix a basket for her for Halloween,Thanksgiving and Christmas.( this is just a thought).
    Thanks for being a blessings to your neighbor, Beth!!

6. Beth

Beth New Member

Great idea!!!

Jill,
    What a blessing you are! I never would have thought of that! Thank you for that wonderful suggestion!

Beth

7. Beth

Beth New Member

leaving her job

Next week will be the last week Donna will be working next door, so I am going to get a Bible from church this Sunday and make up a basket for her of the Bible and some of my canned jellies. I'll put my telephone number in a card for her, but I don't expect much more contact...her home is a ways away from our town.

Beth