1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dont Arminians Agree That Man is Spiritual Unable to get to God ALONE?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Joseph Arminius and John Calvin were only slightly far apart on how God effects salvation. Calvin believed man has no role, Arminius believed man has a small role, but only after the effectual opening of the mind and heart by the Holy Spirit.

Unfortunately today, the phrases "Calvinist" and "Arminian" are thrown around and neither label describes 99.9999% of the people it is thrown at.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I assume you mean 2 Peter 3 since I am not usually qouting 1 Peter 3.

I would hope that in your non-stop-acrimony campaign you would find some time to point out exactly what you imagine to be "perverted" in my reference to 2Peter 3 instead of assuming that abuse, accusation and acrimony alone are all that is need to support your prior list of accusations.

in Christ,

Bob

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When you can't respond you simply make personal attacks - your modus operandi! My accusations were accompanied by pointed facts. The word "usward" is found in 2 Pet. 3 and you ALWAYS omit it because it does not suit your perverted purposes. Ellen G. White is a documented false prophetess and documented by Seventh Day Adventist scholars themselves, their own admissions. SDA scholars admit that whe quoted as much as 90% of some other writers WITHOUT GIVING THEM CREDIT but claiming it was given to her by revelation straight from God as a prophetess. Of course you would naturally turn on your own SDA scholars rather than admit you are following the "spirit of error" behind a false prophetess.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    weren't their main differences in regarding nature of atonement, eternal security, and if grace of God was to only the elect and irresistable, or twards all persons, and they could accept/reject Jesus?

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you MUST understand that we are baptists here, and we do HIGHLY value the scriptures, especially the Gospel of Jesus, and so we will keep on pointing out to you or any other person sprouting heretical doctrines and practices, or those holding to severe errors as you do!

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have heard that said once or twice. And I have found some people here who do value a Bible based discussion over simple diatribe and harrumph style pulpit pounding.

I will certainly agree that point.

But there are others who simply resort to some form of acrimony and vitriol when the subject goes beyond having support in the Bible for their tradition.

in Christ,

Bob

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]
    I assume you mean 2 Peter 3 since I am not usually qouting 1 Peter 3.

I would hope that in your non-stop-acrimony campaign you would find some time to point out exactly what you imagine to be "perverted" in my reference to 2Peter 3 instead of assuming that abuse, accusation and acrimony alone are all that is need to support your prior list of accusations.

Actually I think you are the one that came up with the idea of accusing others of attempting to "pervert" something.

I simply noted the fact that this was the substance in your own post.

You cannot then attribute to me the content of your own post - when I merely note that your post exists in that regard.

I think we can all see that.

Ok so now this is how you refute my observation that some posts here are pretty much limited to vitriol and acrimony?

really?

Oh well - you are Calvinist - and you do have the free will to choose such actions if you wish.

in Christ,

Bob

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, this thread is starting to heat up. And I don't want to start editing or deleteing each and every post. So, I'm closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.