1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't Buy Pepsi

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Bible-boy, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

No offense taken. Thanks for the kind response.:saint:

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

Don't mean to sound contrary, but the Lord convicted me of something years ago.

A lie is a lie whether intentional or not. If I say I am going to visit my pastor tomorrow, I mean to visit him. But suppose something happens that I am not able to? A stroke puts me in the hospital before I can visit. I have not intentionally lied, but my promise became a lie.

I believe that is why the Word of God tells us to say 'if the Lord wills...' when we say we are going to do something. When we say 'if the Lord wills...', it becomes 'lie insurance' if you know what I mean.

Now, BibleBoy has said he asked the Lord to forgive him and praise God, He is faithful to do just that. Even though it was an untruth and unintentional, it is just as if it never happened once Christ forgives.

'and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more against them'.

Praise the Lord!

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that's how it works, then you can say anything, even if just to get 'off the hook' for the moment, even if you do not intend to follow through-- it's no lie as long as you include "if the Lord wills."

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

Not so, Alcott. For if you make a statement like 'if the Lord wills...' and know all along that you will not carry through, you are not allowing the Lord's will to be accomplished. You have lied intentionally.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I trust you didn't have too much trouble ratifying that amendment.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

If God is sovereign (I assume we agree that He is) and He wills something to happen how in the world could we (His creatures) "not allow the Lord's will to be accomplished"? What you are saying here makes no logical sense whatsoever.

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

God is sovreign, BibleBoy. But His will is not always accomplished, my Brother.

His Word says that He is willing that none perish. God's will is that all come to a saving faith in His Son. But we know that many choose not to place their faith in Christ as Lord and Savior.

We must remember, Brother. Just because God's will is for us not to sin, we still do because of the sinful nature of this flesh we live in.

Example: God's will was that Jonah get up and go to Ninevah. Jonah disobeyed and got on a ship heading to another location.

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Would someone like to explain the Law of Non-contradiction to HBSMN?

9. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Now finish the rest of the story... God sent a big fish to take Jonah where He willed him to go and Jonah was delivered to that place. You can't take part of a passage of Scripture to support your presupposition and ignore the rest of what the Bible says about that subject. Context, Context, Context...

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

I am not contradicting myself, Brother. We can say 'if it be God's Will...', but if our heart is not truly after God's Will, we will go our own way as Jonah did.

11. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

You misunderstand me. The contradiction is in this statement:

Sovereign means that God has the last and final authoritative say so regarding all matters and what He says will happen will happen. Thus, God can not be truly sovereign and "but His will not always be accomplished." If something or someone has the power to thwart God's will then that something or someone actually has sovereignity over God. It can not be both true and false at the same time that God is and is not completely sovereign.

#31 Bible-boy, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

We have greatly digressed and gone way off topic. Perhaps the current discussion ought to dealt with in another thread in another forum.

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

So you're a moderator, with I suppose, some modicum of influence among other moderators. Suggest to them that it be moved, then.

Ed

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

If the Lord wills, you're gonna move the thread?

:laugh: Sorry. Had to.

15. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Well being that I am the only Moderator on-line at this hour and that I am not a Moderator of this forum at ain't gona happen tonight. That being the case the Mods of this forum will be closing this thread later in the AM because it has passed the three page limit.

Plus, due to the fact that the OP is about one thing and this off-topic debate popped up here at the end it would not make sense to simply move this thread somewhere else. What ought to happen is for someone (anyone) to open a new thread in one of the Baptist debate fora on the issue of God's Sovereignity. And now I'm off to bed.:sleeping_2:

#35 Bible-boy, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  16. His Blood Spoke My Name

If one do a search on the queen of england, one would find that england recognizes her as Sovereign Queen. Yet, one can also see that there are some in england who do not bow to her, nor do they obey her.

Just because one is sovereign does not mean one is always obeyed.

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

18. His Blood Spoke My Name

Ed,

Give me your input on my thread 'The Sovereign Lord' in Other Christian Denominations please.

So ya liked the 4 out of 3, huh? LOL

19. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'm fairly sure the sharp eye of Lady Eagle will soon manifest itself. :thumbs: :laugh:

Ed

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

your statistic is fascinating. I ran the numbers. 60% of the time it works every time.

Even more fascinating is this: A number of studies have shown that when the correct answer is given to a math problem, it is almost always right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.