1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't ever forget!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by wtyson, May 7, 2012.

1. wtyson

wtyson New Member

Every once in a while I drive over to the townhouse and street where I first started riding the church bus...I will never forget!

Sometimes I look at the porch where I led my first person to Christ...I will never forget...

Sometimes I look at that orange Gideon's Bible that I used to lead him to Christ...I will never forget...

Every January...I write a note...send flowers...send to dinner...my bus captain who is reponsible for leading me to Christ...I will never forget.

My pastor who went to heaven in 2008 who was and is responsible on a human level for discipling me...I think about his service for Christ...I will never forget.

Sometimes I go out to the church on a Saturday night and look at the auditorium from the platform and seek the power of God on our ministry...I don't want to forget Him!

I read the story of crucifixion and think about the sacrifice of Calvary...oh...I don't want to ever forget...

Often times we get so busy that we forget...we forget His blessings...we forget that hunger and excitement for things of God we had when we first trusted Christ. We forget His power and presence and provision. I am nothing without Him!

If it were not for the Lord...I would be on my way to Hell.
    If it were not for the Lord...I would have never met my wonderful wife.
    If it were not for the Lord...I would not have the beautiful children I have...
    If it were not for the Lord...HE would not be giving me the desires of my heart.

I am blessed...I am blessed beyond measure...
    and while the FFF may get ugly at times...life does as well...but may I remind all of us when we lay our head on the pillow at night...its just the Holy Spirit of God and us. I hope you enjoy sweet fellowship with Him. I have to tell you sometimes I don't know what to say...maybe the tears say it all. He truly is precious. He is all powerful...He is my best friend.

God Bless you all...I hope you have a great day tomorrow and on the Lords day. I am looking forward with great anticipation what the Lord is going to do this weekend. I believe souls will be saved and lifes changed for ever...why? Because He has done it before...and I don't want to forget that!

2. wtyson

wtyson New Member

Looking forward to a great weekend!

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    May God bless you and strengthen you for days of plenty and days of suffering.

Your praise reminded me of a godly Christian man who once prayed that
    "...we never get over what Christ did for us..."

May it be so

peace to you:praying: