1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Don't Hate Me Cause I'm Smart....lol

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Pride goeth before a fall, and a haughty spirit before destruction. -Proverbs (not smart enough to recall chap/verse)

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.............

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you've read my bestselling book, "Humbleness: How I Attained It" :smilewinkgrin:

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Other than the content (which we have all read it the same so I don't believe anyone is taking anything out of context), I believe I figured out the bigger issue. This is a discussion board for Christians. We post things to be discussed and hash ideas out.

Then there are blogs. Blogs are where we take our soapbox and start a monologue, not being interested in discussion but instead speaking alone. Facebook is similar although there is a little more interaction and a little more informal but it's still in the same ballpark. I don't post things on Facebook for big discussions.

Bottom line, Baptist Board is not a blog or Facebook and this is not the venue to post a monologue about how smart you are. To feel that you must post on a discussion board about how great and smart you are and how others are not makes you seem extremely self centered and maybe with a touch of mental illness. Certainly lacking tact and common social standards.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to guess that the OP has posted this on her blog and her Facebook account and figured since it was such an enlightening piece of writing that it deserved a wider audience.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone hates the OP, I'm certain it's not because of her intelligence.

8. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

No, it actually had to do with haters and those who have so much pride on here that they ignore God's teachings on how to treat each other...you say I have pride...really?

There is nothing but proud people on here who instead of attacking the message which many cannot they attack the messenger.

What I said was true...instead of learning and appreciating others differences your pride and jealousy get in the way...I was speaking to you. If you want to judge someone unfairly look at your own life. I've seen way more arrogance from you guys than anything that comes off my finger...lol....way more!

At least I give glory to God for how He has worked in my life...I'm sorry my life has been one of improvement and service to others...didn't know that would offend anyone lol

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right, we don't deserve you here... maybe you should go where your intellectual abilities can have a wider audience.

10. Matt22:37-39

I write were I want to...I've seen how you all try and chase those who speak truth away.

Sorry obviously God wants me here for a reason...I can see why.

You can ban me if you want but on what grounds? PRIDE and INSECURITY...like I mentioned in my OP?

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes. God wants you here by divine appointment. The lesson? God forbid any of us behave as you behave. :thumbsup:

12. Matt22:37-39

I can revive many of your posts to others and show I am not the only one you ATTACK on a regular bases...your pride and arrogance shows abundantly and you have nerve to point fingers at me....lol

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Go for it. I'm well aware of my flaws. :thumbsup:

14. Matt22:37-39

I guess this guy (the age of the earth and creation) is worse than me he says he is right many times.

You know why he can say he is right, because he is and he backs it up with proof. It isn't bragging if it is true!

God wants us to be honest with ourselves and with others and that is what I do.

The subject came up when my motives were question and lied about, especially by you...HYPOCRITE..God I hate them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIeLRD1L9yY

The guy is really fumy and juts for comedy sake this is worth watching...I would put him in the 1% as well lol

15. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I thought the 'General Baptist Discussion' forum was for Baptists only, not those whose profile says they are non-denom.

Just thinkin' out loud. Carry on.

:)

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If one or two people make a criticism, take it with a grain of salt. If many say the same, it may be worth considering if it's valid.

17. Matt22:37-39

You are right and most who know me and even those who don't read my stuff say they are INSPIRED and enjoy reading my post. I have many followers (over 30 just on my facebook alone and many on forums, although many to afraid to stand up for fear of being attacked) including pastors and other godly people who enjoy my writings...for they speak truth and they tell me so.

that may just be the key right there...those who understand God's word and TRUTH and who have common sense get it, while those who are being CONVICTED don't.

Like I said, I listen to God and write what He tells me to write...I always have even in my twenties without the computer...even JESUS OFFENDED a lot of people, remember the legalistic PHARISEES?...so I guess I am in good company...lol

I can just see it know, prideful people on here arguing with Jesus Himself....sad, very sad.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have over 30 that follow you on facebook? Really?
    And that is how you justify breaking the Board's rules?
    Is that the new situation ethics that you use?

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, out of curiosity, I noticed you attend a Calvary Church in California. From what I understand, that particular group is Charismatic....so do you subscribe to Tongues speak & all that?

20. Matt22:37-39

I mean 30 who like what I write and follow what I write regularly and say so, mostly privately...I have over 200 on my list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.